Chapter 18 - Fervency

The plane was crowded and reminded Serena of being at a Performance Showcase full of people filling up the building. It wasn't exactly pleasant and was extremely uncomfortable, so she prayed to Arceus that the plane would get to Olivine City as quickly as possible. She was seated next to a young man with his Snubbull, which didn't bother her besides the constant kicking it would do.

Serena pulled out her phone and typed in Olivine City, wondering if there was anything that she would find interesting besides the possibility of finding out what was causing the energy spike that Olympia was talking so ominously about. She found herself lost in reading different articles about the high quality of the Moomoo Milk that was made at a farm in the same city.

Serena told herself that after she hopefully found out the cause of the energy, she was going to try out Moomoo Milk for herself, as Ash had spoken so fondly of it. She eventually stumbled across an article that talked about the owner of the Moomoo Farm, a woman named Amelia, who had inherited the business after her grandfather had sadly passed.

"Attention Flight 5! We have landed at the Olivine City Airport! Please collect all of your belongings and have a nice day!" The loudspeaker announced, sounding more clear than what Serena had been used to years ago. She grabbed her bag and slowly made her way off the airplane, making sure her disguise consisting of additional headwear didn't fall off.

Stepping out, she was greeted with different smells, sights, and sounds. It's nothing like Lumiose City! She thought in exclamation, looking around at people bustling around under the bright sunny day. Kids were running to their parents in attempts at persuading them to buy Moomoo Ice Cream, vendors were selling their finest materials, and the beaches were filled to the brim with people and Pokemon looking to cool off.

Serena, flabbergasted at the atmosphere the city was creating, walked around aimlessly, feeling drawn into the charm of the area. Truthfully, she had no idea where to go, but knew that somewhere within this city, a special individual resided.

"Oop! Sorry!" She exclaimed as she accidentally ran into a small child who had ice cream with the shape of Mareep on it. "That's okay, miss!" the young boy exclaimed, running off to go find his mother. Serena watched as the child left, but something caught her eye as she stared off into that direction.

It was a jewelry store, and judging by the size, it was an expansive one, that read 'Olivine Oddities'. Serena instantly felt her purse almost physically tug her towards the store, so she gave in to her urges and walked in, feeling right at home inside.

The layout of the place wasn't unlike the jewelry store she had visited in Vermillion City six years ago where she had gotten the necklace for her Z-Crystal. The one that disappeared with Lucario, she thought to herself as she browsed the rings and earrings placed before her. "Need anything, miss?" An older woman asked Serena kindly.

"Um, I'm not sure," Serena replied. "It's been a while since I've bought any jewelry." The old woman giggled and whispered, "Well, I'm sure the Kalos Queen will need something beautiful to go along with her looks." Serena froze up and looked around to make sure no one heard the woman, who giggled again and assured Serena, "I won't tell anyone, I promise."

Serena sighed in relief and smiled at the lady. "I just came here to look, that's all," she said confidently, earning a slight nod from the woman. "Alright, just let me know if you need anything." Serena thanked her and continued past the counter and into the main area where the necklaces were kept.

Her mind traveled as she mindlessly stared at each trinket, feeling as though her time was being wasted. Of course, I can't just find the energy source, she told herself. Not in a large, crowded city like this. "Will that be all for today, Miss Amelia?" The old lady asked a customer at the counter. Serena slightly tilted her head and looked over at the counter.