Chapter 2 - Onwards

"You won't get away from me, Aipom!" Goh exclaimed, dashing through the forest and chasing after an Aipom that was using its tail to swing from tree to tree. "Quick, Drizzile! Use Water Gun!" He said to Drizzile, who sat on his shoulder and avoided incoming trees. Sobble had evolved just recently, but it had been hard on Drizzile, who had been hoping to evolve directly into an Inteleon.

"Drizz-Ile!" Drizzile exclaimed as he sent a powerful spray of water at the Aipom. Hitting it directly, Aipom fell off of the branch it was running on and hit the ground before pulling itself up and angrily staring at Goh and Drizzile. "You won't get away!" Goh passionately yelled, pulling out an empty Pokeball.

He flung the Pokeball at Aipom and watched as the Aipom angrily sent the Pokeball right back at him using its tail. "Woah!" Goh exclaimed, quickly dodging the incoming Pokeball. "Fine! Guess we'll have to fight! Use Sucker Punch!" He yelled to Drizzile, who hopped off of Goh's shoulder and made his way behind the Aipom, punching it in the back with his dark hand.

"Great job!" Goh exclaimed. "Now finish it with Water Pulse!" Drizzile held out his hands in front of him and sent a pulsating wave of water that impacted Aipom and sent it flying back, knocking it out. Goh picked up the empty Pokeball and gripped it tightly. "The future is in the palm of my hand!" He shouted as he sent the Pokeball flying towards Aipom, hitting its forehead with the Pokeball.

The Pokeball absorbed Aipom and fell onto the ground, shaking rapidly as it did so. Goh and Drizzile watched in anticipation as the ball continued to wiggle around, teasing them with the capture. The shaking stopped and the forest went silent as a small click was produced from the Pokeball. "Aipom has been registered to your Pokedex-bzzt!" Goh's Rotom Phone chimed from his pocket.

"Yes!" Goh exclaimed, punching the air. Drizzile turned around and gave Goh a sly smile that he tried to hide. "That's another one!" Goh said happily, running over to pick up the ball that Aipom was in. Putting it into his bag, he pulled out his Rotom Phone. "Rotom, how many more Pokemon do I need to fill up the Pokédex?" Goh asked his Rotom Phone.

"Pulling up data-bzzt!" Rotom Phone chimed. After a moment, a small list of thirty 30 Pokemon appeared on the screen. "I've got thirty more Pokemon..." he whispered to himself. A few Pokemon stood out to him on the list, such as Drizzile's final evolution, the entire evolution line for Grookey, and a Greninja. Goh flinched as he saw the Greninja, feeling painful memories floating back to the surface of his mind.

"These last thirty Pokemon are gonna be hard Drizzile," Goh said quietly. "But we've just got to push forward like we always have!" He added determinedly, clenching his fist. Drizzile made a small smile and put his webbed foot in the air, agreeing with Goh. A small alarm suddenly went off on Goh's Rotom Phone, surprising Goh and Drizzile.

"What the-?" Goh exclaimed, quickly opening his phone. His eyes grew wide as he read the notification on his phone. "Son of a Bidoof!" He shouted. "Chloe's performance is going to happen in five minutes!" He quickly brought out Drizzile's Pokeball and returned him. Reaching for another Pokeball in his bag, Goh muttered, "I can't just keep on forgetting my girlfriend's Performances like this."

He tossed the Pokeball and it opened, revealing his Flygon that he had caught back in Hoenn six years ago. Of course, he had so many other flying types that he could use, but Flygon had always been extremely helpful to him, so he never felt the need to switch him out. "Let's get back to Lumiose City quickly!" Goh exclaimed. They were currently in Kalos for Chloe, but Goh had managed to sneak in some extra Pokemon catching in the meanwhile.

"Fly-gon!" Flagon exclaimed, leaning down so Goh could hop onto his back. Flapping his wings aggressively, Flygon launched upwards and began heading towards Lumiose City. I'm the closest I've ever been to Mew, Goh thought to himself as the wind struck his face. I'll make sure I achieve my goal!