Chapter 39 - Legacy

"You've planned to get my attention?" Mewtwo repeated back Kiera's words to her through telepathy, confused. Nodding, Kiera walked forward, revealing herself in the small amount of sunlight that made its way through the cracks of the depreciated building. "That's right. Our little stunt on that island brought you here," she replied, winking at Mewtwo.

Her bright blue hair bounced as she walked forward, barely touching her shoulders in length. Alongside the regular grunt outfit that was provided when joining Team Rocket, she had blue rings going around her sleeves, indicating that she had held some position of power within the defunct organization.

Mewtwo's eyes squinted in clear distrust and hatred. "You were the individual that caused the fire?" He asked telepathically, clarifying Kiera's words. "Absolutely!" She responded back enthusiastically, clasping her hands in joy. "Those were the only grunts that were willing to go to set that forest on fire!" She explained with a smile on her face.

"That's because those were the only grunts left," a gruff voice said from behind her, pushing aside the chair that sat in front of the dim monitors. Walking forward, Trent revealed himself to Mewtwo, a tired and frustrated look on his face. His short green hair twirled upwards wildly, completely opposite to his seemingly serious demeanor, and his outfit, which was also just a grunt's normal outfit, had red rings on its sleeves.

He squinted his brown eyes at Kiera, fed up with her attitude. "It's just us now, so we need to explain everything, or else this might end up all being a big waste of time," he urged Kiera, who nodded quickly. Mewtwo stared at the two and crossed his arms as they faced him. "Speak quickly and convince me of your actions," he stated telepathically, causing Kiera to tense up a bit.

"Do you mind if we start from the beginning?" Kiera squeaked, causing Trent to glare at her in disbelief. "Did you not just hear him? He said to make it quick!" He exclaimed, his hands shaking as he fought the urge to strangle her. "Stop," Mewtwo stated, holding up one paw. "I am rather curious, given the circumstances, so please, begin from the origins of this story."

Kiera smirked at Trent and stuck out her tongue before eagerly facing Mewtwo, who had closed his eyes with intent. "Alright, so I think it's best if we start all the way back before even you were here," she suggested, gesturing to the decrepit room surrounding them. "All the way back to when Giovanni was overthrown by that reporter guy," she added mysteriously, earning an eye roll from Trent.

Mewtwo opened one eye and perked his ears. "I am aware of this story," he interrupted Kiera with an edge of impatience. "The reporter who worked at Magnolia News was Aaron Ketchum. Of course, he was driven away from his son and wife, the former being Ash Ketchum, who stopped Giovanni from attempting world domination."

Kiera raised her eyebrows and looked at Trent, who looked equally as shocked. For them, they had spent the past six years trying to gain the attention of Mewtwo in order to dominate the world alongside him. They had studied him extensively while they were grunts under Giovanni, so they knew exactly what Mewtwo would want to do upon finding freedom; destroy humans.

"I advise you to get to your point quickly, as my anger is quickly exceeding my patience," Mewtwo suggested with malice, causing Trent to take a step back. He silently gulped and stared up at Mewtwo, who had begun floating. "We felt that we could help you in your quest to eradicate the human race," he explained, his palms clammy. "And, yes, we are humans as well, but we felt that we could help shape the new world alongside you."

"Yep! And with us helping you, we thought we could offer a different perspective," Kiera suddenly chimed in, surprisingly cheery. "Three heads are better than one, y'know?" She added suggestively, a smile on her face. Trent looked over at Mewtwo with a hopeful look on his face; the both of them truly did want to change the world, and they believed there was no better opportunity to do so than the one in front of them.