Chapter 27 - Imprisoned

The Kanto High-Security Prison was a relatively new establishment; it had been created solely for the entrapment of Giovanni, but had expanded in recent years to accommodate for various criminals as well; lesser-known dangerous individuals had found their way here, but at the center of the entire building, Giovanni was completely and safely contained with no way of escaping.

Mewtwo knew of this establishment very well and had longed for years to break in and cause pain to Giovanni himself using his powerful body, but even he realized that the incredibly high-level technological security that this place offered would stop him promptly. He found some comfort, however, in knowing that Giovanni would likely never leave from the containment in his entire life.

Now that he had taken the form of Goh, gaining access to the inside of the prison was as easy as taking a Rare Candy from a baby Pokemon. Given that he was supposed to be a Research Fellow, he could just claim that he was going to do some research on the vile Giovanni himself, something the guards were sure to believe.

But as he made his way across Kalos and into Kanto on top of Flygon, doubts began entering his mind. As a Mewtwo, he hadn't had doubts about anything, as he could just use his telepathy powers to manipulate the situation; he would never have faired against Ash and Pikachu's retaliation, so the human form had to suffice momentarily.

Another reason that Mewtwo was okay with the prison was that it was quite literally in the middle of a vast desert, nowhere near any major cities. This meant that even if Giovanni could escape, there was no hope of hiding anywhere and he would be caught almost immediately after getting out.

Finally reaching the location of the prison, Mewtwo was admittedly shocked at the giant vastness of the building; it nearly blocked out the sun's rays as he landed Flygon far from the entrance. "Thanks," Mewtwo said through Goh's body, returning Flygon to his Pokeball. Even if Goh's Pokemon had begun suspecting something was up, it wouldn't matter; he could just control them easily.

Walking closer to the prison, three guards had already taken noticed of Goh's presence and stationed themselves near where he was approaching. "Good day, officers!" He said politely, waving his hand. "Sun's beaming down, huh." The guards looked straight back at him, unfazed by his attempts at conversation.

"State your business," One of the guards said, a Growlithe right by his side, staring intently at Goh. "I'm here for some information on Giovanni," he said confidently. "I just need to talk to him directly." Another guard scoffed and shook his head. "Ain't gonna happen. If you want access to Giovanni, you'll need a good enough alibi," he explained.

Goh reached into his pockets and slowly brought out a small ID that had his information on it; this included the fact that he was an official Research Fellow at Cerise Laboratories. "Here," he said, tossing the ID to one of the guards. "That should be enough. I'm just here to get information for the Professor."

"Professor Cerise in Vermillion City..." The guard with Goh's ID muttered. "What's he thinking, sending a kid to talk to that monster..." The other two guards looked at the ID and grunted to each other. "Fine," one exclaimed to Goh, who smirked. "But we're serious, anything that guy tells you, don't listen. He's just going to try to make you feel bad for him."

Goh nodded and walked over to the guards, who used their badges to open up the locked door that led inside the prison. Once he walked in, Goh was met with countless different patrolling officers, all making sure that everything was functioning exactly the way it needed. There's a lot of organization in here, he thought to himself. I like it.

One of the guards from outside had followed him in. "I'll be taking you to Giovanni," he muttered, grabbing Goh by the arm and dragging him towards a steel door at the end of the hallway. "I can walk myself," he replied, struggling out of the guard's clenching grip. "Whatever, kid," the guard grunted.