Chapter 47 - Prepare

"Yes, I understand. Okay. Thanks a bunch." Clemont set down the telephone that belonged to Professor Sycamore and turned around to the group. "Wulfric just let me know that Serena and Bonnie haven't shown up yet, but that once they do, he'll make sure they stay there and won't go anywhere."

Ash nodded, feeling slightly more at peace about everything. Once he explained to Clemont that Bonnie was once again challenging the Snowbelle City Gym, he quickly took to utilizing the situation as much as possible; there was no way he was going to allow Bonnie to get anywhere close to what was going on, especially since they needed to focus to make sure nothing went wrong.

The group had just met back up in Professor Sycamore's lab area after making more than a few interesting calls. Clemont called virtually every Gym Leader he knew and had managed to amass a formidable amount. Ash had gone and looked through the entirety of the Masters 8, hoping to see a few familiar faces that could potentially help them fight against Mewtwo.

Fortunately for him, he knew nearly every single person in the lineup, with the only exception being Raihan in the number 8 spot; he had only seen him battle against Leon years ago but felt that he could probably get him on their side if he wanted. After a few quick phone calls that barred any sort of personal conversation, he was back in the main area with the group.

Professor Sycamore had quickly put together a video call with the Professors of the other regions, a task that was proving to be quite hectic, given the daily large amount. By the end, though, he had managed to convey his point to them all, which was more than enough reason for them to agree to help in any way they could.

Now, they all stood back in the room with Goh, who was still the driving mastermind behind their working plan. "So, I hope everyone managed to get someone from their respective areas?" He asked, looking around at nodding faces. "Everyone was more than willing to help, but I had to fight for Diantha," Ash explained with a chuckle. "Her schedule is still just as busy as ever."

"Great. And you two?" He asked Clemont and Sycamore, who both nodded with confidence. "I got every Kalos Gym Leader, except Wulfric, obviously," Clemont explained. "And more than a few leaders from other regions." Professor Sycamore nodded and lifted a finger. "All the Professors are currently on their way here so that they can help me be the brains of this entire setup," he explained, a twinkle in his eye from the prospect of getting to meet all of the professors in one spot.

"This is great. This is good," Goh mumbled to himself, slowly nodding. "Yeah. We can do this." He continued muttering incoherent nonsense to himself before Ash took a step forward. "You okay man?" He asked, putting a hand on Goh's shoulder. "I mean, I know we've got limited time and all, but I think it'd be fine if we just took a small break."

He looked back to Clemont and Sycamore, who both nodded in agreement. "Goh, you've just been through what no one else has been, so it's fine if you just want to sit out for a little bit and let us lead the way for a while." Goh looked up at Ash, an intense and fiery glint in his eye. "Do you think I'm scared, Ash?" He asked accusingly, raising an eyebrow.

His eyes widening, Ash quickly shook his head. "No, I'm not saying that at all!" He exclaimed vehemently. "It's just, we're a bit worried that you might get a bit shaken up since you went through all of that with Mewtwo." He frowned and tilted his head. "I mean, you were taken over for a few days, and it's only been a few hours since you've been awake. I would feel pretty terrified right now if I was you."

Goh stared blankly back at Ash, his fist curled up into a ball. "Don't try to lecture me on how to feel, Ash," he said angrily. "It's not like you're completely in sync with how you feel either. What's even going on with you and Serena anyway? You show up to each other after six whole years and nothing is happening? Even after you sent her that letter that you wrote in Prism Tower?"