Chapter 10 - Realization

Chloe burst into the nearest Pokemon Center, determination written all over her face. "How can I help you?" Nurse Joy asked kindly. Chloe walked up and took a deep breath, as she had run straight from the Performance building. "Where's the nearest video calling station?" Chloe asked politely, despite her internal frustration. "I didn't see one on the way in."

Nurse Joy gave Chloe an apologetic smile and shook her head. "I'm sorry, but we don't have one," she said softly. Chloe gritted her teeth but was able to muster herself to say, "Thanks anyway." She walked away and realized if she was going to find Goh, she was going to have to confront the root of the problem, which was Goh himself.

The issue was that he hadn't been answering his phone at all, and Chloe had no idea why. He hadn't even texted her a reason beforehand as to why he would be leaving the Performance. Shaking her head out of fury, Chloe decided on calling her father again and attempting to force an answer out of him.

Unsurprisingly, he never answered, making Chloe look foolish as she stood in the middle of the Pokemon Center with a ringing phone. "Whatever... I'll find him myself," she muttered to herself as she angrily put away her phone. Storming out of the Center, Chloe looked down the road and gritted her teeth. I'll just walk to find him! She thought to herself.

She walked along the path until she reached the woods, where an obvious realization came over her. "There's no way I'm going to be able to find him like this!" She exclaimed, slumping against a tree. She put her hands in her face and groaned. Not only did she leave a Performance to find her boyfriend that didn't even care about her, but she also couldn't even find him to begin with.

A buzzing came from her phone, which she quickly grabbed. Her heart stopped at the name that appeared on the screen. Accepting the call, she quickly exclaimed, "Goh! Where are you?" Goh, who had called her after realizing she had called many times, quickly said, "Look, I know you must be extremely angry at me right now, but I can explain everything!"

"You sure?" Chloe replied sarcastically. "Because you promised to be there for my Performance, but of course, you weren't!" Goh groaned on his end and responded, "I was there for the first half I just- Look, can you just meet up with me somewhere so I can talk to you?" Chloe rolled her eyes and tapped her feet. "Fine," she answered blankly. "Come to the Pokemon Center near the Performance Building."

"Alright, I'll be there as quick as I can," Goh promised as what sounded like the wind blew past his phone. Chloe was about to ask where he was when she realized he had hung up. Chloe pouted and crossed her arms at him, even though he wasn't there to receive the message. "So much for being a supportive partner..." she muttered as she walked back to the Pokemon Center in anticipation for Goh.

{—}

"There it is, Flygon," Goh said, pointing at the Pokemon Center below them. "We need to land there." Moments later, Goh was walking into the Pokemon Center, looking for Chloe. He saw her sitting near the door, mindlessly staring out the window. "Chloe!" He exclaimed, running over to her.

He held out his hands to embrace for a hug, but Chloe stopped him by putting out a hand. "Where were you?" She stated coldly before turning to him. "After you promised to watch my Performance?" Goh hesitated for a moment and sighed. "Your dad called," he admitted. "He wanted me to investigate into a burnt island way out in the ocean."

"That shouldn't have taken that long," Chloe said in an unsure manner. "Well, I went to Snowbelle City with Clemont after," Goh said. "Clemont was there?" Chloe asked, surprised. Goh paused for a moment and shook his head. "Don't worry about it, Chloe. He's still the same greedy person that he became when he founded his company," Goh explained, lying through his teeth.