Chapter 14 - Introduce

"So basically, I'm a walking corpse?"

Ash hadn't thought about the possibility that most people would accept the fact that he had died after the Cell War. "There's a lot of theories from people about how you died, but yes," Wulfric answered. "People are going to be shocked if they expect you to be dead." Ash frowned before an immediate relief washed over him.

"Won't this mean that it'll be harder for people to recognize me? Y'know if they're not expecting it or whatever." Ash asked. "Well, I guess so," Wulfric admitted, confused as to what Ash was getting at. "Why?" Ash crossed his arms and replied, "This will make it a lot easier for me to keep a low profile."

"And why exactly do you want a low profile?" Wulfric asked, not knowing Ash's initial reason for leaving. "I left because I realized that wherever I go, disaster goes, and if I'm friends... well," Ash explained, trailing off for Wulfric to finish his statement. "I might not agree with that mindset fully, but I understand your perspective," Wulfric stated.

An urging question suddenly popped into Ash's mind. "Wulfric, do you know Team Rocket?" He asked, catching Wulfric off guard. "Yes, I do. Why?" Wulfric answered, the off-topic question puzzling him. Ash had tried to forget about the burning of the island he had called home but knew that he needed to know more about it.

"Well, I saw five of them a couple of days ago," he explained, retaining the location at which he saw the grunts. Wulfric opened his eyes and began scratching his beard. "So I guess it's true," he said gruffly, standing up and walking around aimlessly. "You know something about this?" Ash questioned Wulfric. "About them returning?"

Wulfric sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Ever since the Cell War, gym leaders have been given devices that can alert all other gym leaders," Wulfric began explaining. "I don't have it on me at all times, but Clemont, the one who was just in here, does." Ash nodded, thinking that if anyone was going to use a device like that, it would be Clemont.

"It's only been used once by Korrina, who runs the Shalour City Gym, a few months ago," Wulfric said. "She said it was an accident, but when I was the only one that arrived out of caution, she seemed pretty shaken up." He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "Team Rocket had been there?" Ash asked, assuming. "Essentially, yes, they had been there," Wulfric answered.

"The only thing about it was that they had been harassing her for information," he added. "They wanted to know about your Greninja and where it had gone." Ash frowned and shook his head. "Why?" He asked, almost out of annoyance that they would look for something that couldn't be found.

"Korrina wasn't sure, but I suspect it has to do with getting revenge for taking down Giovanni," Wulfric suggested, closing his eyes to think. "Well, Greninja's not here anymore, so they can forget about that," Ash said, irritated. "I wouldn't worry too much about it, Ash. I'm guessing it's just a bunch of people idolizing a horrible person," Wulfric assured Ash.

"I'm just hoping that they don't go around harassing the others who were in Kanto when we fought Giovanni," Ash murmured. Wulfric stared at Ash, confused. "Others? Who else was there?" He asked, genuinely confused. "Wait, you don't know?" Ash asked, getting a shaking head from Wulfric in return.

"Goh, Clemont, Bonnie, Serena... They were all there helping me battle," Ash said. Wulfric shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't think anyone knows that other people were there," he said. "Even after Goh was all over the news talking about me?" Ash asked quickly, finding it hard to believe that people thought that Ash singlehandedly took down Giovanni.

Wulfric shook his head and replied, "Nope. Everyone thinks it was just you." Ash rubbed his eyes out of disbelief and added, "Great. Another reason why I shouldn't be seen." Wulfric sighed as he watched Ash try to piece together everything. "Look, I know all of this is a lot to take in," he said, sympathizing with Ash.