Chapter 42 - Chespin

Clemont quickly finished his morning orange juice, eager to start the day. Normally, he wasn't looking forward to working for his company, but after his journey with Ash and the news that Chespin had woken up at the nearby hospital, he was more than willing to zip up his blue jumpsuit and adjust the straps around his newly designed Aipom Arm.

After his old one had been destroyed by Mewtwo in the Cell War, Clemont had worked hard to improve every outdated aspect of his Aipom Arm, including functionality, efficiency, and most importantly for Clemont, weight. That was currently their best-selling item at Clemontology, with Clemont eventually sighting a few users of it in the past few months.

As he exited the Prism Tower, the sun beat down onto his pale face, filling him with warmth. He sighed and began making his way towards the small office building that he had rented for his company; truth was, there were only a few workers at his company, which was why his items came in such low quantity. But given how expensive each item was, it was more than enough to keep them afloat.

As he stepped onto the small bridge that went across the small river that ran underneath the bustling city of Lumiose, Clemont felt a buzzing coming from the pocket of his pantsuit. He realized it was his phone, so he quickly whipped it out and was slightly surprised by the name on his phone.

Accepting the call and holding it up to his ear, Clemont stopped on the bridge and leaned over the edge onto the railing. "Professor Sycamore?" He asked in an inquisitive tone; since he lived in the same city as Sycamore's lab, he found it odd that the professor was calling him when a simple visit to his company was sufficient.

"Hey, Clemont," Professor Sycamore began on his end. "I just wanted to let you know that Chespin is ready to be picked up whenever you can stop by." Clemont's eyes grew wide and a slight grin began forming on his face. "Chespin's ready?" He asked, a hint of excitement and joy in his voice. "Mhm. Healthier than ever," Sycamore replied. "Just stop by whenever you can and he's all yours again."

"See you in a few minutes!" Clemont exclaimed into the phone, hanging up the call and stashing his phone away. While Clemont rarely ran, this time was an exception; he had gotten the call about Chespin being released from its angry state, but Professor Sycamore had explained that he needed to run a few tests before Clemont could have him again, so to say that Clemont was ecstatic wasn't too absurd.

{—}

"I know you like the food that Clara makes for you, but you're gonna explode if you eat any more," Professor Sycamore chuckled, looking over at the stuffed Chespin sitting on the tray that held all the food that Clara, Professor Sycamore's assistant, prepared. "I get you hadn't eaten much when you were trashing the place, but that doesn't mean you need to overeat."

"Ches..." Chespin responded groggily, falling onto his side with an enlarged belly. It hadn't remembered much of the angry episode that it had been in for the past three years, just that it had suddenly felt relieved without warning and was explained everything by Professor Sycamore, who had been watching over it at the time.

Still admiring Chespin's ability to eat, Professor Sycamore was torn away by his computer work as the doorbell rang throughout the lab, echoing off the walls. "I got it!" He exclaimed, knowing that if he didn't announce it, Clara would surely rush to greet the guest. He grabbed his lab coat hanging on the wall as he left his computer room, putting it on as he made his way towards the large wooden doors that led to the lobby area.

As he adjusted the collar on his coat, he unlocked the door and opened it to reveal a panting Clemont, who was kneeling over and huffing heavily. "I'm... here... for... Chesp..." He explained, unable to finish his words as he took a deep breath. "Clemont, did you run here?" Sycamore asked in shock, staring down at the blonde inventor. "Yep!" Clemont replied happily, staring up at the tall professor with a grin.