Chapter 50 - Leadership

Author's Note and Brief Recap:

Hello to the reader! If you're reading this, it's because I have taken a break that extended for FAR too long. I've just been busy with my first year of university, but am hoping to incorporate this passion into my schedule. I'm going to start by saying thank you for patiently waiting for the next chapter. I know my absence could not have come at a worse time since the climax of this book is approaching quite soon, so I apologize profusely for that. Hopefully, my writing can make up for that absence in a sufficient manner. Also, I'm going to be deleting this preface in the future, as this note is meant for the readers that have been waiting these long, tedious months. Below this, I am going to include a brief recap of the major events that's occurred in the last few chapters to make sure you, the reader, can be reminded of the current story.

Brief Recap:

At the start of this book, Ash returned from the island due to the fire, initially avoiding his friends due to his mindset that wherever he went, disaster followed hastily. Eventually, however, he was reunited with Clemont and Bonnie. They were welcoming but told him about Goh searching for him, so they all decided to find him, despite Ash wanting to disappear again.

Before starting the search, Chloe tagged along, vowing to help look for him, as they had been in a relationship before Goh left her to find Ash. While in Olivine City to retrieve his Pokemon, he bumped into a lady that turned out to be Serena. She's originally livid at him for leaving, but over time began to try to forgive him as he slowly understood her anger.

While continuing the search, Goh was bombarded by Mewtwo, who wants to eradicate humanity under the premise that they only hinder Pokemon. When Goh refused to assist him, Mewtwo used his psychic powers to take over his body to use it to manipulate his biggest opponent: Ash.

He confronted Giovanni, his abuser, in Goh's body, but decided to return to his original body once Goh began trying to break out from Mewtwo's control. While this happened, Ash and the others planned out what to do since they had found Goh, albeit under someone's control.

Clemont headed back to his company, Chloe began pursuing contests again, and Ash, Serena, and Bonnie began traveling together, all with different reasons for doing so. Ash began the World Coronation Series again, meeting up with Brock and battling him, all the while Serena was trying to understand her situation with Ash.

Mewtwo began constructing his plan for human destruction but decided that he should punish whoever caused the fire that forced Ash back into civilization. He learns through enough pursuit that former Team Rocket members did so in an attempt to collaborate with him in world domination.

In response, Mewtwo destroyed the entire facility, which was the former headquarters for Mewtwo's experimentation. During this, he ended the lives of these members but managed to allow Goh to escape with his life.

Ash began feeling negative emotions at random, and through following these emotions, began to piece together the odd Goh situation. After running into the former Team Rocket trio of Jessie, James, and Meowth, they learn that Goh had been causing destruction, leading Ash to connect the dots.

Ash departed in search of Goh, unknowing of where he could have been exactly. Back in Lumiose City, Clemont had begun working with the professor to understand more about the Aura could use, but through energy readings, they deduced that a powerful Legendary Pokemon was using both Aura and psychic powers, eventually concluding that Mewtwo had been reappearing for the first time in years.

Ash, who had been searching in Kanto for Goh, was in Viridian City when Mewtwo altered his reality, confronting him about the various things that had happened over the previous years. Mewtwo expressed his motives to Ash, who vowed to fight back; Mewtwo began to try to destroy Ash at that moment, but Goh intervenes and managed to get them out of there safely, taking them to Sycamore's Lab.