Chapter 25 - Host

I felt snowflakes falling onto my skin, sitting momentarily before inevitably being evaporated into the harsh air. Although I was laying on the ground, being covered by the oncoming precipitation, I felt energized and completely rejuvenated; this body suited me much more than my scarred form.

I opened my eyes and was immediately shocked by a different lens upon this world. It seemed that humans and Pokemon were drastically different beings, given that I was granted a much more vibrant view of this natural world; however, I could not see the telepathic properties that were present in my old body.

Standing up, I stared momentarily at my physical form, awing at the kempt nature of it. My skin was now a light tan and the hair that I did not possess before was a darkish black, with the vessel's red highlights still present. This felt natural, unlike the clothing that covered my entire body; why did humans feel the need to clothe themselves?

That was no matter since it provided me with warmth, a feeling that I seldom felt in my recent manifestation. Pulling out the device that granted them access to information and knowledge, I opened up the front camera and was able to stare back at my face. So this was the face of Goh; everything that encompassed him was in this reflection.

It was odd being in a new body, but it was incredible being that I could get closer to Ash, who would be the major opponent in my quest to end humanity, the plague that it is. I stashed away the device and stared up into the sky, watching the snowflakes fall. As I traced the path of one particular flake, my vision landed upon my previous body.

How hideous was I? A wrinkly, yet stretched purple body that emitted complete and utter vileness; that was me? Not being able to bear absorbing the sight any longer, I walked over to the lifeless and limp body, feeling disgusted. I had to find a place to hide it, lest someone see it and go insane.

I began to drag it, looking around for any sign of a hiding spot for my body. As I searched rigorously, I recollected on Goh's memories, as I had managed to keep them upon entering his body. Truthfully, there was little that interested me, except for his passion for saving humanity; I respected his drive, but my beliefs were superior, rendering him obsolete.

Finally, I came across a tree that presented itself with a large hole; large enough to stow away the body inside. As I attempted to pick up my body of myself, I struggled immensely, forgetting the weak nature of young adult humans. Admittedly, I appreciated the power that my previous body had, but this current host was necessary to infiltrate Ash and target his weaknesses.

After managing to get the body into the tree hole, I wiped my hands off the snow and took a deep breath. I knew where I needed to go; to find Ash, who I knew was already in Snowbelle City by this point. I didn't know exactly why they were here, but that wasn't relevant; I needed to find them before they acquired what they came here for.

I walked back to Snowbelle City, trying to get used to the action of walking with Goh's body. While it was an overall weaker form, I quite liked how compact and practical it was. I was allowed to do many things while maintaining a smaller form, something that my genetically created body wasn't allowed so easily.

Eventually, I saw bright lights, indicating that the city was close ahead. This meant I was a little closer to finding the target I so desired. Suddenly, my teeth began chattering; I hadn't experienced the harsh cold before this moment, and I honestly wasn't too keen on it.

I reached a small cabin and hid behind it, not wanting to attract attention. How was I going to find Ash and the others? I didn't want to reveal myself to them immediately, as I wasn't quite mentally equipped to answer many of the questions that his group would inevitably have, given that Goh had left them.