Chapter 42: Nail Salon & Seeing the Northern Lights

Later on that day, Rehearsals had ended and everyone had returned to the hotel and the sun was setting while the moms were getting a drink and the girls all went to their hotel rooms while Gianna walked up to Abby.

"Abby, i'm gonna take the girls to the park to see the stars later on tonight." Gianna told the chief choreographer.

"Ok, I'm gonna head to the salon to get a manicure and a pedicure."

"All right." Gianna headed to her room as Abby turned her attention to her son.

"I'm gonna head to the salon to get a manicure and a pedicure, do you want to come? You don't have to get a pedicure this time." Abby asked him.

"Yes, mom. I need a manicure to be honest with you."

Abby and Andrew arrived at the VIP nail salon, Andrew opened the door and let his mother enter first and then he entered after she did as Abby walked to the desk and made an appointment for her to get a pedicure and a manicure while Andrew would only get a manicure, then a woman came up to them.

"Hi, Andrew my name is Amber and i will be giving you a manicure." The woman told Andrew with a friendly tone as a male came up. "And this is Edward, and he'll be giving your mother a manicure and a pedicure."

"What color should i get for my fingernails and my toenails?" Abby asked. "Should i get the light green or should i get the orange?"

"Silver." Andrew suggested as Abby nodded.

Andrew put his hands in the water in order for the skin to be soft, then after a minute had passed, Amber had removed his hands from the water while Abby was getting her own manicure as she removed her hands from the water, then they both got lotion rubbed all over their hands, then Amber wiped her hands on the towel, then she trimmed Amdrew's nails and filed them, making his nails clean and his manicure was finished while Abby started to get her fingernails painted silver.

"Do you like your manicure?" Amber asked.

"I love it. You did a fantastic job." Andrew complimented.

"Thanks for the compliment."

"No problem."

Andrew then sat in one of the chairs to wait for Abby when she was don with her pedicure. Then he saw his mother walk to the chair and she took her shoes off, revealing her bare feet and the nail color on her toes were fading and put her feet in the water after she had sat down and let them soak and the pedicure took 30 minutes, when it was done, Abby was given disposable flip flops as she walked to her son.

"How do my nails look?" Abby asked.

"Mom, your nails are superb!" Andrew said, then they left.

Later that night at 8:30 PM, the girls were at the Thomas F. Regan park just looking up into the sky just watching the stars with Gianna, then they noticed a van arriving and coming out of the van was Abby and Andrew and they walked.

"Hey, are you all enjoying the stars?" Abby asked her dancers.

"Yes we are, Miss Abby." Kalani replied to her dance teacher.

"We're having a good time." Mackenzie added.

"The stars and the moon are so beautiful." Gianna stated.

"Not as beautiful as You and Mom." Andrew replied, that comment got a lot of aww's as Gianna and Abby smiled, then they gave Andrew a kiss on his cheeks, then all of a sudden, Chloe and Paige looked up and their eyes went wide.

"Miss Abby, Andrew, Look up!" Chloe and Paige both exclaimed, full of excitement.

Abby and Andrew turned saw that there was a prismatic ribbon of light up in the sky was shining with faint green and color was combining with the green in front of them and it was leaping, pirouetting, twirling and dancing.

"It's so beautiful." Gianna stated.

"That we can agree on." Abby told her assistant choreographer.

"Wow..." Brooke said in awe.

"What's that?" Asia asked, wondering about the phenomenon of lights up in the sky.

"Asia, that is an Aurora also known as Northern Lights, it's a natural light display in the sky caused by Cosmic Rays, Solar Wind and Magnetospheric Plasma that interacts with." Nia explained.

"It looks so beautiful and amazing." Maddie said as she and the rest of the girls saw the northern lights

"I've seen pictures of the northern lights, but they're more impressive in person." Paige stated.

"Mom, this reminds me of the time you took me to South Beach after you found out that there was gonna be a northern lights show in the sky when i was 11." Andrew reminisced.

Everyone looked up at the lights dancing in the sky as Andrew took pictures with his phone and the girls, Abby and Gianna did the same thing and after an hour had passed, the lights disappeared.

"That was an amazing show of northern lights." Brooke stated.

"I agree." Asia stated, then she yawned. "But i'm getting a little tired."

"Me too, how about we go back to the hotel and get some sleep?" Andrew suggested. "Because Nationals is tomorrow."

"Yeah, let's head back to the hotel." Abby agreed.

The van arrived at the hotel and they got out of the van and headed to their respective rooms, leaving Abby and Andrew there in the lobby.

"Mom, i'm going to hit the hay."

"See you in the morning, sweetie." Abby said, giving her son a quick hug. "Good night."

"Night, mom." Andrew stated as he entered his hotel room and he got ready for bed and got in the bed and fell asleep.