Chapter 18: ALDC Originals vs ALDC Select Ensemble

The upcoming monday, Andrew was coming out of the shower after he had woke up that morning and his hair was slicked back and was headed back to his bedroom to see what he was going to put on since it was gonna be his return to helping at the ALDC since his appendectomy.

"What to wear, what to wear?" Andrew asked himself as he was browsing through his closet and eventually, he chose some green jogging pants, a Miami Hurricanes #94 football jersey that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson wore when he was in college.

Minutes later, Andrew then opened the door, exited the house and locked the door and walked to his escalade, he pulled out his car keys and pressed the button that unlocked the truck as a beeping noise was heard and he opened the door and got in. Then he put the key in the ignition and twisted it, which caused the Escalade to come to life and then he left the driveway and headed down the street and grabbed some lunch.

14 Minutes Later, Andrew arrived in the parking lot of the studio and parked into his reserved parking spot, grabbed his cell phone and MP3 Player and got out of the Escalade and locked the doors and saw that his mother's car was next to his and then he walked in the studio and saw Abby talking to Gianna about what was gonna happen this week when they noticed.

"Hey, my handsome Andy." Gianna greeted her boyfriend as she got up and walked over to him, kissed and hugged him as Abby smiled at seeing her son back in the studio.

"Hello, Gia my sweet." Andrew replied to his girlfriend, then when Gianna let him go, he turned his attention to his mother. "Hello, mother dear."

"How's it going, son dear?" Abby replied as Andrew walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"It's good to be back in the studio after three long weeks of recovering from my appendectomy, i miss this place. And i brought some sandwiches on the way."

"Let me guess, you got us ham sandwiches and a veggie burger for you?" Gianna predicted.

"You guessed it." Andrew chuckled as he said that and he took a bite of his veggie burger and Abby started to eat her sandwich.

"Andrew, did i forget to tell you that i have a mystery announcement for the girls."

"Yeah, you told me and Gia in private without anyone else knowing, things are about to change in the ALDC." Andrew told his mom.

A few hours later, the moms and their girls arrived, wondering what Abby's mystery announcement was gonna be about.

"Come on, girls! It's time for pyramid! Let's go!" Abby called as the girls all ran in the Studio with their moms behind them to start yet another week of dance. "Girls, this past competition, we ended our three competition losing streak and it was fitting that we beat those rotten apples!"

Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige, Chloe, Kalani and Asia all had grins at beating Cathy.

"And also on that day, my son Andrew made his comeback after being out for three weeks after his appendectomy and with him there, you won!"

The girls smiled at Andrew, who smiled back.

"Ok, let's get to pyramid."

Pyramid Placings:
Top: Kalani
Middle: Paige, Chloe, Maddie
Bottom: Asia, Nia, Mackenzie, Brooke

After the pyramid, Abby noticed that Paige had just raised her hand, that was a sign that the girls and their moms were wanting to know about the announcement.

"Yes, Paige?"

"Not to be nosy or anything, but what was the mystery announcement that you were planning to announce last week?"

"Paige, we're glad you asked. We know you have been in this studio from the moment we first saw your mother bring you in when you were younger and have paid tuition for years, but however, we hate to break it to ya, the times are a-changin'." Andrew told the girls.

"We've been telling you for months that me and my son are going to form a new team." Abby warned them as the moms looked like they were on edge at the thought of one of their daughters being replaced by someone else from the new ALDC team.

"In the immortal words of my mother, Everyone's replaceable." Andrew warned as the girls looked nervous, what if one of them got replaced? "Ok, it's time to bring the new team in!"

"Girls, let's go!" Abby called out and then as soon as she said that, 9 girls walked into the studio wearing Abby Lee Dance Company jackets, tops and pants with their mothers behind them and they stood on the right across from the originals and their moms.

"Welcome to my mom's studio, the Abby Lee Dance Company." Andrew told them

"Meet the select ensemble of the Abby Lee Dance Company and their mothers. Ava Cota and her mother, Jeanette, Jade Cloud and her mother, Loree, Sarah Hunt and her mother, Christy, Kamryn Beck and her mother, Jodi, Sarah Reasons and her mother, Tracey, Tea' Adamson and her mother Tami, Elisabeth Tracy and her mother Erin, Autumn "Autie" Miller and her mother, Krista, who are not related to Me and Andrew. And last but not least Mia Diaz and her mother, Leonora."

The girls of the original ALDC team and their moms looked at the select ensemble ALDC team and their moms, it was bound to be twice the drama with the moms of both teams, and then Abby noticed that Jeanette was glaring daggers at her son and Andrew was glaring back at her, sensing friction.

"Paige, you'll be going up against Sarah, Kalani, you are going to go against Jade, The next matchup will be Nia vs Ava, the fourth matchup is Maddie vs Kamryn, the fifth matchup is gonna be Kenzie vs Mia, the next matchup will be Asia vs Tea, Chloe will go against Autumn and last but not least Brooke will go up against Elisabeth." Andrew said.

 "We are going to be headed to Energy Dance in New Orleans and For assigments, we're gonna have two solos, two duets and two group dances. Maddie, you're gonna have the first solo, Ava will have the second solo. The first duet will go to Brooke and Kalani, the second one will have Elisabeth and Jade." Abby explained. "Also, we will be headed to On Stage America competition in Richmond, Virginia."

"Ok, moms you can go, Girls, start stretching!" Andrew barked

***
You can obviously tell that Jeanette and Andrew despise each other off the bat.