Chapter 4: Competing

That saturday morning at 6:30 AM, Andrew's car pulled up into the parking lot of the ALDC as it was the first competition of the new dancing season as the bus was sitting in the lot as well, the ALDC went back to using the bus after the previous season and parked in his space and then he saw his mother's car pull in and parked in her space as he was getting out of his car, decked out in a red button up shirt, yellow shirt, Adidas hvc sneakers and red pants as Abby got out of her car decked out in a black jacket, pants and blue camisole

"Morning, mom." Andrew said to Abby.

"Morning, Andrew." Abby replied, looking a little tired after waking up 30 minutes ago as her son noticed that she yawned.

"Are you kinda tired?"

"Yeah."

"Well, i've got the remedy for that." Andrew began to do a silly dance and then did some robotic moves that he used to do when he was a little boy. Abby yawned and then her eyes went wide doing his special silly dance.

"Wow! you still got it!" Abby exclaimed, she hadn't seen him do that since he was 13 years old.

"Always worked like a charm whenever you felt sleepy." Andrew chuckled as the other cars were pulling into the parking lot as the girls got out of their moms' respective cars and grabbed their dancing bag while the moms were right behind them, Gianna was the last one to arrive.

"Everybody on the bus!" Abby ordered as the girls got their stuff and got on the bus and headed to their seats. Andrew like always sat next to Abby, Gianna sat next to Kristie, Kalani sat next to Maddie, Nia sat next to Asia, Chloe sat next to Paige, Brooke sat with Mackenzie, Melissa was sitting across from Abby and Andrew, Kelly sat next to Christi while Kira sat next to holly.

Three hours later The Bus arrived at the Peabody Auditorium and the fans were anticipating seeing the three time national champions and when it came to the ALDC coming to a competition, they come out to support them and when the bus came to a stop, Abby and Andrew were the first to get off and the crowd cheered loudly.

"I love you, Abby!" One fan shouted.

"You rock, Andrew!" Another one said as Andrew smiled at the fans and the girls and their moms got off next and waved at the fans, then they entered the building and got signed up, after Andrew signed them up for Abby, they headed to the dressing room that said "ALDC".

"Maddie, Kalani and Nia, get ready because your solos will be first!" Abby commanded as Melissa, Kira and Holly started with the make up while she and Andrew were watching and after the costumes were on, the moms, Andrew, Abby and Gianna all headed to take their seats.

After a few numbers, it was time for the first ALDC solo of the competition.

"Next is entry #155 Strange Things by Nia from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" The audience applauded as she walked on to the stage. The music started as Nia began to move in motion to the song, she was on point as she was doing the moves that Abby and Andrew taught her, then she finished her dance at the end of the music. She got cheers from the crowd.

"Go Nia!" Holly cheered her daughter.

"Coming up will be entry #166, You'll be in my heart by Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Maddie came out and was ready for her solo to begin, then when the music came on, she began to dance, and at one point, her ribcage was open and her feet were sickled, but she managed to finish her dance and she headed off the stage to applause.

"I think we're gonna have to put her on the bottom of the pyramid because she didn't apply the corrections about that sickled foot and open ribcage." Abby told her son.