Chapter 23: Showdown in Hotlanta

In Atlanta, there were fans standing at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre waiting to greet the Candy Apples Dance Center and the Abby Lee Dance Company for today's competition, and then a coach arrived and stopped near the entrance and getting off the bus was Cathy and Vivi as the crowd cheered the hometown favorites and behind them were Kendall, Hadley, Nick, Justice, Kerisa, Taylor, McKenzie and Gavin.

"Cathy! Cathy! Cathy!" The crowd chanted as Cathy and the Candy apples waved at the crowd as they entered the building, then another bus pulled up and stepping off the bus was Abby, Gianna, Andrew, the moms, the original ALDC team and the select ensemble as most of the crowd booed them and the other members of the crowd cheered them.

"Tough crowd." Gianna told her boyfriend, noticing that they were getting mostly boos since they were rivals with the Candy Apples Dance Center.

"Yeah, they're many of Cathy's fans aka Candy Apples minions." Andrew observed as they entered the building and he signed up for the competition for Abby after she had requested him to sign them up.

"Well, well if it's Abby and her numbskull crew using my castoffs!" Cathy said as everyone saw that she was standing 10 feet from them with her team.

"Cathy, you better get ready to get creamed and Zack did the right thing by leaving your suckfest studio"

"Well, you can enjoy Zack and his mother, we don't need them anymore! You can have the Candy Apples sloppy seconds and that's gonna make you lose." Yvette sneered as Gina T rolled her eyes.

"We'd rather dance for Abby and her son, rather dancing for a studio that has loser choreography and dancers who are known as Roadkill!" Gina T shouted, taking a dig at Hadley and Yvette.

"Whatever." Jo Anne said.

"Well, the chances of us losing are about as good as the Bo Dallas winning the WWE Championship!" Kelly retorted.

"We'll see, losers! Come on, my little apple core team, let's kick some Flabby butt!" Cathy retaliated as she and the Candy Apples team left as Abby, Andrew, Gianna, the moms and the girls all looked on.

"Cathy has some issues." Jodi told Andrew and Abby.

"Jodi, she's a nutcase." Abby grumbled.

"Jodi, we could tell you stories, we've been dealing with Cathy's rudeness even before we called you to be a part of the new team." Andrew admitted.

"Yeah, in the last competition season, we were at a competition in Atlantic City and we had lost to them and when she walked into the dressing room, Andrew had told her off and when he did, she walked up to him and hit him in the face with her purse." Abby said, telling the story about the time Cathy hit Andrew with her purse.

"Cathy needs to check herself before she wrecks herself." Tami remarked.

"You bet." Gianna stated.

"Ok, enough with the Cathy stories, let's get ready to make apple sauce out of Cathy and her rotten apples!" Abby stated as everyone walked to the dressing room that had the ALDC name on it and they entered the dressing room.

"All right, let's do it!" Andrew said. "Maddie, Zack, Ava, Kalani and Paige, the solos and duet will be first!"

And as soon as Andrew said that, Zack started doing some stretches while Maddie, Ava, Kalani and Paige were getting their makeup and hair done for that day's competition and then, the stage manager opened the door.

"It's showtime for the solos and the duet." The stage manager said, then everyone got up and headed to the stage while the adults headed to the seats.