Chapter 9: Thanksgiving at Andrew's

It was November 28th and it fell on a holiday that Andrew loved the most besides Christmas, Thanksgiving aka turkey and football day because Turkeys are the most important part of Thanksgiving and NFL games on TV for the men to watch.

The time was 8:30 AM as Andrew was just getting up from a good night's sleep with a smile on his face as he was in a green tanktop and orange walkaround pants, because thanksgiving was here and he was ready to have the girls and their families over for thanksgiving dinner, he then cleaned up the house a little bit. Then he walked to the bathroom and jumped in the shower which took 3 minutes and put his hair in a ponytail.

"What to wear, what to wear?" Andrew thought to himself as he looked through his closet because he wanted to look good on thanksgiving, he found a men's black silk short sleeve button down shirt, a-shirt, matching men's slacks and men's slip on shoes and put his hair in a ponytail.

He then made up his bed and cleaned up his room and headed downstairs to the kitchen to see how the pies were and they were already finished, he then took them out and covered them up, then he pulled out the turkey and put it in the microwave oven so he could defrost it.

Abby came downstairs from sleeping in one of the guest rooms and had already showered and she was wearing black pants and a sweater that had cards on it that dated back from the 90's.

"Good morning, mom and happy thanksgiving." Andrew greeted his mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, baby." Abby replied to her son. "Happy Thanksgiving to you too. What do you think of the sweater with the cards that i chose to wear? it still fits."

Andrew looked at the sweater, then he snickered as Abby glared at her son as he started to laugh uproariously and said "Mom, the 1990's called, they want their sweater back."

"Watch it, buster, or i'll clock you upside your head." Abby warned sternly, continuing to glare while Andrew cringed as Maryen came downstairs in a long sleeved shirt and black pants.

After a few minutes, the sound of a beep from the microwave oven was heard, which meant that the turkey had been defrosted. Abby took out the turkey and put it in the oven.

"Ok, since the turkey's now defrosted, what should be the ideal temperature for it to taste good?" Abby asked.

"How about 350F?" Maryen suggested to her daughter.

"That sounds like a good idea." Andrew agreed.

"350F it is." Abby stated, then she looked at her son. "Andrew, would you like to set the temperature to that please?"

"No Problemo." Andrew then set the oven temperature to the recommended heat and let it cook and he headed to the living room to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City and when the parade began, the first two floats caught his attention. "Mom, come here quick! you won't believe who they made a float out of!"

Abby and Maryen both walked in to see what Andrew was excited about and then their eyes went wide at seeing a float out of Andrew and Abby.

An hour later, the turkey was done and it looked very good and the other food was starting to be cooked at around noon after slowly but surely being prepared, then the sound of the doorbell was heard.

"I'll get it!" Abby shouted as she walked to the door to see the Hylands and the Lukasiaks at the door. "Hello there, you guys."

"Hi, Abby!" Kelly greeted the dance teacher.

"Hey, guys. Happy Thanksgiving."

"Same to you guys." Josh and Randy both stated to Abby as they all entered the house and 5 minutes later, the doorbell rang and this time, it was Andrew running from the kitchen to answer it and standing at the doorway was Gianna and her parents, Kim and Paul.