Chapter 40: Cathy/Andrew Dance Battle

The sound that Abby and Andrew were hearing were loud music coming from inside the Harrah's near the hotel, so they went inside to see what was going on and there was a circle of people watching a guy breakdance to Herbie Hancock's "Rockit".

"That guy is a good breakdancer." Abby said, looking at the dancer.

"He sure is, not even the girls could attempt to do something like that." Andrew observed.

"I recall one of my former dancers tried that and hurt his leg when he botched his landing, you were six at the time."

"I remember that, we all cringed seeing him in pain."

When he was done, the crowd cheered and the breakdancer left and then the DJ turned off the music, then he saw that Abby and Andrew were standing there.

"Ladies and gentlemen, i noticed that we have some special guests in the crowd today, from the hit reality show Dance Moms, we have Abby Lee Miller and her son, Andrew!" The DJ announced as everyone applauded seeing Abby and Andrew, who waved at the crowd.

"Thank you, everybody. We are here for Nationals going for our fourth straight national title And this August, the Abby Lee Dance Company is moving to Las Vegas!" Andrew announced as everyone cheered, then Abby looked behind her and saw that Cathy was approaching.

"She had to show up and probably is trying to ruin our reputation."

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, i'm Cathy-Nesbitt Stein and i am the owner of the Candy Apples Dance Center formerly in Ohio but now we're in Georgia, we're also here to beat the Abby Lee Dance Company and one more thing....i want to challenge Flabby's son to a dance off!"

The crowd went "ooh" as Andrew had that look on his face that meant you should have never challenged him or the ALDC, because when he dances, he would make the next dancer look embarrassed, then the DJ gave Andrew the microphone.

"Cathy, i've got three words for you, prissy prune of Georgia. Bring it on!" Andrew said, accepting the Challenge.

"All right, then i'll go first, i'm gonna show you that i'm a better dancer than you."

"Cathy has elected to go first." The DJ announced.

Cathy took her shoes off and the song that she was gonna dance to was "Hippy Hippy Shake" by the Swinging Blue Jeans and she started dancing, she did some moves that dated from the 60's like the pony, the twist, the limbo as Abby rolled her eyes at seeing Cathy butchering the dance moves, them cathy finished her dance.

"Give it up for Cathy!" The DJ shouted as she got cheers.

"Your turn, hippie."

"All right, you asked for it." Andrew said calmly.

"Go get 'em, Andrew." Abby told him.

Andrew then walked to the middle of the crowd and stood still, waiting for the music to start. The song that started to play was "Pump up the Jam" by Technotronic. Andrew started off with some fancy footwork, then he started locking and popping, he then did a backflip. Next, he did the robot, then he moonwalked and did some more fancy moves while Cathy rolled her eyes, Abby and the crowd couldn't get enough, then he did a pose and got loud applause and the DJ waited for the crowd to calm down before he could announce the winner.

"Give it up for Andrew! All right, you both did a great job, but now it's time to decide the winner of this Dance Battle! By a round of applause, who thinks the Cathy won?" The DJ asked as the crowd gave decent applause as Cathy waved to them. "Who think Andrew won this battle?"

The crowd cheered loudly like they were at a Michael Jackson concert, which signaled that Andrew has beaten the leader of the Candy Apples. "Well, it's unanimous, Andrew Wins!"

Andrew smiled at the crowd as they applauded and cheered, then they started chanting his name and as a special treat, he did the splits again and came up smoothly as Cathy rolled her eyes.

"Andrew, you never fail to get the job done when it comes to dance." Abby told her son.

"You may have won the dance off, but you'll never win your fourth National Title because we'll beat you." Cathy vowed as she left.

"The chances of her winning at Nationals are about as good as our chances to get hit by lighting." Abby rolled her eyes, then they both left to spend the rest of the day together.