Forty Five // Cutie Cake

May 8, 2015

A S P E N

"OH MY GOD IT FINALLY HAPPENED!" Darcey screams after I tell her that Calum and I kissed on Monday, and that we have a date tonight. Her face is covered with an excited smile, and she squirms around animatedly.

"Darcey, chill." I shush her, hoping Chloe won't hear the loudness coming from my laptop and come in here.

"NO! YOU'RE GOING ON A DATE WITH CALUM! YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THIS!?" She yells yet again, and my pointer finger flies for the volume down key on the laptop.

"Jeez, Darce." I laugh, shaking my head, though inside I'm screaming and fangirling with her. "I called you so you could help me with my outfit because that's what all girl best friends do, but I guess I could ask Chloe..." I lie.

"NO DON'T!" Darcey practically screams at me. I start to wonder if she's bothering anyone with her screaming, but I know she wouldn't care. I don't either, to be honest, this is important.

As I'm about to say something back to her screams, my phone vibrates beside me. I have three text notifications which is sadly more than I'm used to.

"Is that Calum?" She asks both curiously and excitedly, and I nod once I see his contact name.

"He texted me." I smile and open the text.

Cakum Hood:
i'm so excited i can't stand it omg.

Cakum Hood:
i got us some junk food that we can share in the car after we make out.

Cakum Hood:
JK JK

"Oh my god." I laugh, shaking my head at his mildly dirty mind.

"What?"

"Nothing..." I chuckle, but then the chuckling subsides rather quickly.

"You don't think it's gonna be weird with Calum, do you? I mean, we used to take baths together as toddlers, and now we're going on a date." I say softly, hoping Darcey will give me some of her wise words.

She does.

"Girl, you and Calum were made for each other. Sure, you've had a rough patch, maybe a couple of them, but now that that's all forgotten, you can finally be together like how it's supposed to be. Honestly, Aspen, I think Calum's the one. I can just tell, and you know I'm never wrong." Darcey says confidently, almost bringing happy tears to my eyes.

Why do I have to be so fucking emotional all the time?

"I don't know what I'm feeling... either happy or relieved." I admit.

"Well, you better be feeling horny tonight for Calum." Darcey says, and immediately starts laughing. I hold back my laughter for two whole seconds before I laugh along with her. We snicker and guffaw together, my sides nearly busting at the seams at her inappropriate comment.

I hang out with such dirty people. But, I guess that doesn't matter because I have a sexy mindset also.

"If you were next to me, I'd hit your arm so hard." I scold through laughter.

My giggles die down quickly, but Darcey's don't stop until I cough really loudly to get her attention.

"Sorry... What time is your date?"

"Seven."

"What time is it in Sydney?"

"Shit." I curse while looking at my phone. "6:45."