Forty Six// Daddy

[i was listening to the strokes while writing and this song has no connection with this chapter, it's just such a tune and julian casablancas is a fucking babe]

May 16, 2015

C A L U M

Tap, tap, tap.

The small noise is only enough for me to stir a bit, my body not willing to wake up fully.

Knock, knock, knock.

The noise gets louder, and I finally open my eyes to see a man at the window. He startles me into the next century, my eyes widening and my heart beating rapidly. It takes me a few seconds to realize I'm in my car, and still in the drive in.

The man taps on the window again, and I nod, rolling down the window for him to talk, my hand rubbing the crick in my neck.

"I hate to wake you up, but this ain't a truck stop. You gotta get going, kid." He says, his chewed skin covered lips pulling into a polite smile.

"Yeah, yeah, of course. Sorry." I mumble, my hands attacking my eyes in an attempt to rub the sleep our of them.

"Thanks, man."

And with that, he walks away. I roll up the open window, and lift my arms up into a stretch, my whole body shuddering slightly before my arms collapse back to where they were. They unexpectedly land on someone, and I remember that Aspen is in the backseat with me. This is our date...

I chuckle at myself for forgetting about something- or I guess someone- like that.

"Aspen... Wake up, sweetheart." I say, scooting closer to her body, that's recoiled away from me since I decided to stretch.

I place my hands on her hips, tugging her to me, her back pressing against my chest.

"Hmm..." Aspen hums a little, but she's still not fully awake.

"We're still at the drive-in, we have to leave."

"I don't want to." Her voice is scratchy with misuse and it's so cute, I might die.

I chuckle at her, and carress her arm softly, "We have to, baby."

"Uuuugggghh."

"You can come over to mine if you want." I offer, pressing a kiss to the back of her neck where her hair was falling to the side, and exposing her beautifully pale skin.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

-

-

"Hey guys, how'd the date go?" Michael asks from the kitchen as soon as Aspen and I walk through the door.

"Great." Aspen answers before I can. Her eyes still look sleepy, but she plays it off.

"I still can't believe you guys are together." Luke sighs, as he flips through the channels on the couch.

"We're not technically together." Aspen chuckles, elbowing my ribs lightly as if to tell me to get the two of us out of here. My cheeks blush an embarrassing shade of red, and I can't help but to break out into a forced smile.

Things get even more awkward, Aspen and I just standing by the door, everyone's eyes on us, our hands locked.

"Well, we're gonna go to my room and cuddle." I tell them, to which Aspen laughs at as we head to my abode.