Eleven// Prank That

January 18, 2015

A S P E N

"Backseat serenade! Dizzy hurricane! Oh God, I'm sick of sleeping alone. You're salty like a summer day! Kiss the sweat away! To your radiooo!" Calum bursts out into the chorus of an All Time Low song as the music plays from his phone. He starts dancing and hopping around as I tie strings to the hot dogs.

"Calum, help me!" I laugh and bump him with my hip. I've done all the work so far and he's done nothing. I've tied string to fourteen floppy uncooked hotdogs while he's danced to All Time Low and Green Day on Pandora.

"Fine." He laughs.

We both stand at the kitchen counter shoulder to shoulder, tying long strings to four more cold hot dogs. Then Cal tells me he wants me to rip up pieces of paper that are the length of each hot dog and he wants me to write the word 'Weiner' eighteen times. Only because Ashton's reaction will be hilarious, I'm doing it.

And then once all the weiners are tied with a decently long price of string, we write 'weiner' eighteen times and tape it to each hot dog.

"Let's go hang these from Ash's ceiling." Calum giggles like an excited child and takes half of the pile of squishy hot dogs in his hands, and I take the other half of the pile. The music becomes softer as we barge into Ashton's room.

"Since I'm the tall one, you rip off tape for me and I'll hand them." Calum says.

"Since I'm the tall one-" I mock Calum in the manliest voice possible.

"Shut up." He laughs.

Eighteen hot dogs hanging from the ceiling later, Calum and I stand back and admire our work. It really looks whacky all the 'weiners' everywhere.

"So many weiners." Calum says and then snickers. "That's what she said."

"Oh god. Let's just set up the other pranks." I cringe at his boyish humor and head back to the kitchen with him or without. I hear his loud footsteps behind me, indicating he's following me.

"What's the saran wrap for, Cal?" I ask when grabbing the long package that holds clear sticky like plastic film.

"We're going to put it on Michael's toilet. He's the one who insisted on having the room with bathroom attached." He laughs.

"Aw, did you want the room with the toilet?" I ask putting fake sympathy in my voice.

"Yeah, I did. I have to share with Luke and Ash. Its gross." He sighs.

"Well let's pay him back."

I watch as Calum lifts up Michael's toilet seat, since I refused to touch it, and he places a layer of the clear film over the bowl of the toilet. Then he sets the toilet seat back down and instantly goes to wash his hands.

"When he tries to take a piss, it'll just bounce off of the saran wrap." Cal laughs, lathering a shit load of soap on his slender hands.

"What if he tries to take a shit?" I laugh.

"Don't think about it." A grimace takes over his face.

"Alright." I agree and we walk out of the bathroom. Cal turns off the light and shuts the door and it's like we were never there.

"Now we have to blow up all those balloons."

"Get the music to entertain us at least." I say.

Whether it be driving, getting ready for work, or blowing up a thousand black balloons, I need music on.

"K." Is all he replies and runs to the kitchen to get his phone and balloons while I stand there in the corridor, not knowing where to go. He comes running back carrying the phone and balloons and leads me to Luke's room. Blink 182 is now playing and Calum obnoxiously sings along to Mark's voice as he plops himself onto Luke's bed.