Six// Fun

January 1, 2015

A S P E N

"Hey. Aspen?" The guy with noticeable tattoos and shoulder length hair that's standing at my door asks. Disappointment fills his eyes and it crushes me.

"Yeah. Raphael?" I ask.

"No, please call me Raff." He says.

"Alright. Come in, Raff. Pizza's on it's way and the couch is just waiting for us." I chuckle nervously, my heart pounding in uncertainty.

"Great." He nods as I step aside from him to walk in.

"Oh, happy New Year's by the way." He says as he walks towards the couch.

"Yeah, you too."

As his back is toward me, I check him out quickly. Faded light jeans, a plain white v-neck, a jean jacket, and dirty laundry boots. Well he's all that and a box of cheeze-its and I'm just a potato. And I'm not even a sweet potato.

"Listen, I'm sorry if I'm not what you expected. I mean, I'm fat and not pretty and I know Darcey most likely forced you to do this. If you don't want this to... happen, its okay. I understand." I sigh, crossing my arms in an insecure way and staring at the hard wooded floor. He mutters something under his breath that I can't coherent and a large frown etches into my face.

All of a sudden, he lifts my chin up to meet his eyes and I almost fall over. I'm really shy around new people, but when it comes to hot men, you can guarantee that I'm going to be shakey.

"I have literally known you for three seconds and I already think you're the most gorgeous living thing I've seen in a long while."

My nerves subside and I feel my confidence level rising as I let out a small giggle.

"Shut up." I push him away from me as he laughs. "Let's just sit and talk for a bit until the pizza comes yeah?" I change the subject.

"Sounds great, love."

I lead him into the living room in which Chloe and I live and we take a seat on the couch.

"Okay, I'm sorry but I'm one of those people. I think Pearl Jam is way better Nirvana." He says, pointing to my shirt.

"What? Ew. Get out of my house." I point to the door.

"What? Seriously?" He chuckles, and heads for the door. I can't let a hot guy like this go.

"No! I'm just kidding. Come sit down." I say, and he does.

"Well, your music taste doesn't matter to me. What other bands do you like, Aspen?" He asks, crossing his leg over his knee.

My mind draws a blank, so I say "I'm just a band whore to be honest."

He just laughs. A small moment of silence follows the great sound.

"Tell me more about you." He says.

"What do you want to know?" I ask.

"Random little things about you. Your pet peeves, your favorite color, what foods you don't like. Stuff like that." He shrugs.

"Uh..." I say, breaking into an awkward giggle that Raff smiles at. "I hate when people wear a band shirt but that don't know the band. That ticks me off because then people never know if you actually like the band or not. And anyone who knows me knows I like black. And food is basically my everything so I guess I don't not like a lot of foods. I actually don't eat meat so meat?"

"This is getting weird now. I'm a vegetarian too!"

"No. Way. I've never met a person who was vegetarian like me." I laugh, clapping my hands together once in excitement.