Twenty// Close To Heart

February 15, 2014

C A L U M

Valentine's Day came and passed in a snap. I spent it in bed while Michael was with Taylah and Ashton and Luke were also doing nothing. The three of us were trying to avoid each other on a day that you're supposed to spend with your significant other.

I wish I was dating someone, but I just don't feel like looking for a girl. Don't get me wrong, a relationship is not all I'm looking for in life, but it would be nice to have a girl to cuddle with and talk to and kiss.

All day on February 14, I was wondering what Aspen was doing with Raff. No doubt they were together and probably getting it on, since that's what almost every couple does on the day of love. The most sexual thing I did yesterday was accidently slip across Kim K's butt photo on Twitter.

"Calum! Oh my god, dude, I wrote a song yesterday and it's so great, we all agreed to play it at our next show-" Luke says as he barges into my room, but stops when he sees the sight in front of him. It's almost dark outside and Im still in bed, coming up with the most excuses I can in my brain to not get up.

"What's up with you?" Luke puts down his guitar and plops himself onto the foot of my bed,making it dip at my feet.

"Nothing."

"Dude, have you heard Luke's song?" Michael runs into my room as well. Automatically, I let out a fed up groan.

Great, let's have a party in Calum's room, what a great idea!!! Jesus Christ.

"Something's wrong with him." Luke whispers to Michael.

"Well, snap him out of it." Ashton's voice is also heard. I groan again and roll over so that my face is squished into my white pillow that's flattened a bit due to the weight of my head.

"We're not leaving until you tell us what's wrong." Luke says. I can imagine his arms crossed and his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"It's Aspen, okay? She's in a fucking relationship with a tattooed guy named Raphael and I'm single." I yell, my voice muffled by cotton.

"Mate, I knew you had feelings for her!" Ashton laughs.

"I don't have feelings for her!"

"Bullshit." Luke calls.

"But can we talk about something clearly more important? His name is Raphael. Like the Ninja Turtle." Michael says, laughter taking over his voice. If Raphael the Ninja Turtle was real, I'd slap him in the face for having that stupid fucking name.

"Michael, shut up!" I holler, being genuinely pissed at my band members. They can be so annoying sometimes. But they are my best mates, and I guess I have to just deal with their bothersome times.

"Stop being so insensitive. You're the only one who has a girlfriend, we actually know how he feels." Ashton says and I hear a smack. Probably Ashton's hand on Michael somewhere- or at least I hope.

What Ashton says kind of switches my mood from lazy and defeated to angry. I turn around and sit up, being greatful that fresh air is invading my nostrils and not stale air from my pillow.

"No you don't. I'm falling for Aspen, only to be falling straight to the ground because Raff is holding her in his inked arms. I mean- it's not that my heart longs to be hers, I guess I'm just- I don't even know." I sigh and rub my temples with my fingers.

"I think what you need is to get a little something. Let's go to a party." Michael suggests.

"Oh my god, Michael, leave!" Luke grabs his pale arm and pushes him out the door. Michael tries to resist, but Luke slams the door in his face.