Fifteen// Thrift Store: Cheap Deals

January 23, 2015 (same day)

A S P E N

Still smiling from our recent first kiss, I glance at Raff sitting in the driver's seat. He's completely relaxed, only one hand on the wheel, and his body leaning backward against the seat. Slowly, I take his hand in mine, interlocking our fingers so that my palm touches his and our hands are as close as they can be. Its not just holding hands, at least not to me. When you hold someone's hand, you're just trying to touch them really. You're trying to feel them- in a non sexual way. Its like just by touching hands, you're showing the other person that you care.

"There might be a change in plans this evening." Raff smirks at me for a quick second before making a u-turn.

We were in a part of town I've never been in, yet there are a lot of parts in Sydney I've never been to. But, this was a greasy part of town that held a lot of homeless people and stray cats. It wasn't the complete dumps, but it wasn't a great neighborhood.

Raff pulls into a small parking lot in front of a dirty white walled store and parks. I look at the sign that will be glowing soon, since the sun is setting and it reads:

Thrift Store: Cheap Deals

"Are you serious?" I ask him, feeling more excited then pouty that I wont be bowling tonight.

Thrift stores are kind of my guilty pleasure. You'll never know what you find.

"Yeah, I'm serious."

"Alright, I'm down." I chuckle.

I hop out of the talk truck with a thud and slam the door shut. A frown covers Raff's face as I approach him.

"Being a gentleman isn't easy with you." He states.

"True."

The inside of the thrift store smells of old people and stale cleaning supplies. Raff's arm snaked around my waist as some guy at the counter greeted us. I didn't know where to go because the place had almost everything. So, I was glad when Raff was tugging me to the middle of the store where a bunch of knick knacks were. He laughed and picked up a ceramic chicken.

"This is so weird. Does it have a purpose?" He asks, pulling his arm to himself again before inspecting the breakable animal. I noticed its head was wiggly and pulled it off. The head was a lid.

"Oh my god, is it a cookie jar? Who would want that?" I laugh whilst Raff puts it back on a shelf.

"Well, since it ended up here, I'm guessing no one?" He chuckles.

"Very true."

Being taken by surprise again, he pulls me to his body and pushes his lips to mine. It's a quick kiss, since we're in a public place, but I wish we could just sit somewhere and do nothing but kiss. That's how much I enjoy his lips on mine.

"Are all of our future kisses going to be surprise ones or..." I tease him, actually liking be surprised.

"No they won't. I just got an urge." He lifts his shoulders into a shrug and I smile at his ability to look intimidating and tough, but actually being adorable.

"You're so cute." I chuckle.

"I'm not cute. I'm rugged." He pretends to be a stud for a second, gripping his jean jacket and leaning his weight on one foot, but then gives up and giggles.

"Keep trying." I pat his cheek and he smiles at my touch, grabbing my hand in his and placing a kiss on the back of it, his eyes never leaving mine.

Noticing we're just standing in the middle of an isle, I pull him to where a bunch of men's clothes are. But all I see are grandpa clothes. Large khaki cargo shorts and button up shirts with short sleeves and weird designs. There are a few t-shirts around with pointless sayings on them and maybe a few shirts that people got on vacation.

"Would you ever wear this stuff?" I chuckle as I dog through some racks. No answer. I look up, but there's no Raff. Looking farther, I see him admiring a jacket ten feet away. I walk up to him and stand beside him to admire the jean jacket as well.

"You already have a jean jacket, Raff." I say.

"I wasn't thinking of getting it for me."

"Who then?" I look all over the jacket. Its almost exactly like Raff's, except for the way the buttons are shaped.

"My dog, Noodles." Sarcasm is clear in his voice when he speaks. "You, of course."

"It looks just like yours." I look up at him to see that he's been staring at me with a big smile on his face.

"Exactly. We can match."

He pulls it over my shoulders, and I slip my arms through the sleeves. It's not a perfect fit, in fact its bigger than it needs to be. The back of it falls farther than my butt and the sleeves reach the ends of my thumbs.

"You look so adorable." He smiles.

Holding the sides of the jacket, Raff pulls me into his body again, this time having my consent. I lean up to press my lips to his sweetly, as his arms wrap around me under the jacket. When I pull away, he looks down at me with admiration.

"I like you." He smiles.

"I like you, too."

I owe Darcey another thank you.

[an]

Its 6:53 in the morning and I'm writing instead of getting ready for hell (aka school)