59

'Catch.' He yells and throws something at me, then runs in front

Obviously, the first instinct is to catch whatever is thrown at you. Of course. Car keys. I'm too tired to fight him on this. He's already sitting on the shotgun seat anyway.

'When did I turn into your personal driver?' I laugh as I sit in the car

'When I found out that you're a great driver, and that I'm too lazy to drive.' He grins, making me roll my eyes

'Aish.' I click my tongue and start the car. 'Where to?'

'Hospital. I wanna take care of her mom first.' He nods. I just nod at him and start the car. By this point, I'm used to driving it. I drive it more than he does.

We got there about 30 minutes later, and I parked in front. He held my hand as we walked into the hospital and he pulled me along with him, straight to the reception.

'Hello. Welcome.' A nice nurse greets us, smiling at us. At Jimin, to be more exact.

'Hello.' Jimin greets her back. 'I'm here for Mrs.Hwang.'

'One moment please.' She starts typing on her computer. 'We have 3 ladies with that name. Could you be more specific, please?'

'Oh, sorry. She had knee surgery? She's in her late 40s.' Jimin smiles

'I'm sorry, but I have to ask if you're family. I can't let you in otherwise.'

'We are not here to visit her, actually. I was wondering if you could tell me if her medical bills have been paid yet?'

'One moment please.' She seemed a bit confused, but she checked. 'No. Not yet. She is here for another 2 weeks, so the bills don't need to be paid until then.'

'Thank you. Would you be able to do me a favour?' He asks

'Depending on what it is.' She says

'I would like to pay off her bills, but I would like to keep myself anonymous.' He smiles

'I'm afraid we're obliged to notify them of the payment.' She says, now kind of gazing at him as he's leaned a bit forward, flashing his gorgeous smile.

I can't believe he's flirting his way into this. Good thing she doesn't even notice me, because it's hard to keep a straight face. I get I'm supposed to be jealous, but it's honestly just funny.

He let go of my hand and put both of his elbows on the counter, leaning on his arms and facing her dead on.
'Is it illegal to hide that fact?' He asks in such a soothing tone, and she smiles a little

'Not- not exactly.' She stutters a little

'So, would you be able to do me a tiiiiny favour, and not let them know where the money came from? Please?' He smirks doing a little gesture when he said tiny, then put his hands together for please. He is unreal. Poor woman.

She didn't even talk now. She just stared right at him, nodding slowly like she was in a trance.

'Thank you. You're a star.' He flashed his gorgeous smile, making the poor girl blush.
He slid his card onto the counter to her, waiting for her to take it, then purposely brushed his fingers over hers when she finally reached for it.
'And please, make sure you charge for the next weeks she'll be here as well.' He's good. Damn.

She nodded, still staring at him. It took her a few seconds, but she started working on it. She missed sliding the card into the reader twice because she was so flustered. But she managed to do it in the end.

'Could you please sign here, sir?' She asks, sliding him a receipt and a pen

'Will anyone see this?' He asks, holding onto the pen she's holding, but not taking it