70

'You were right. This place is great.' I tell him as I'm pretty much stuffing myself with food

He just nodded, not even lifting his head from the plate. If I wasn't afraid of choking, I'd laugh. He is so immersed in this it's hilarious.

To think that this cute guy in front of me could look so scary is kind of crazy. He seemed like a completely different person when he got angry last night, and something tells me he wasn't as angry as a person can get.

'What?' He asks me, noticing me staring at him

'Oh, nothing, nothing.' I smile

'Come on, you're not gonna start lying to me now, are you?' He teases, making me chuckle

I took a breath, then started talking. 'I was just thinking how scary you look when you're angry. I really pissed you off yesterday, didn't I?' I kind of look down at my plate as I ask him. That's not something I wanted to do

He sighed a little, putting down his chopsticks. 'I was more hurt than angry, to tell you the truth.'

'Hurt?' Now that confused me

'Yes. I can't seem to get it through to you that everything I have, you have, too. It feels as if you're just rejecting it all, and that doesn't feel the best.'

'Okay. I see. Would you be okay to listen as to why I'm not so lenient to accept it so easily?' I gotta ask. I don't plan on arguing with him

'Of course, I'll listen.' He smiles a little, gesturing for me to start explaining

I took a deep breath. This is gonna be long.
'First off, I do want you to know that I'm extremely happy and fortunate that you are the way you are. That you are willing to share everything with me. I understand why because I want to do the same with you. Not that I have much to share.' He tried cutting in, but I stopped him.
'No, no, listen.' I chuckle. 'As happy as I am that you don't have to worry about a thing when it comes to money, I haven't grown up the same way. So when someone just throws it all at you, it's a bit much. I don't know how to react to these things. It's completely normal for you to walk into a store and buy a million-dollar car. I've only seen that in the movies, so it feels unreal. But even more so it's the fact that I haven't made a single cent from the money that you want me to use. It all came from your family. I don't feel like it's my place to see it as mine. It feels... not uncomfortable, but not something I'll be happy to do. Just run and spend money that I didn't make.'

He waited for me to finish, nodding here and there to let me know that he was listening.
'May I?' He asks, and I nod
'I see your point, and I get that. I know I grew up in a way better position than most people, so I sometimes forget that not everyone is used to these things. So that I agree with. I do come on strong sometimes. I'm sorry about that. And I understand why you feel like that. I think I'd feel the same if the roles were reversed. If you just gave me your card and told me to spend the money your dad made, it would make me feel weird as well. But the reason I'm kind of pushing it all on you is because I want you to get used to that. At some point, we will be married. We're gonna have a family. Kids. And I don't want you to feel like we have divided resources or whatever it is. I don't want you to feel like you have to ask for anything. I want you to be okay with using everything without feeling guilty or embarrassed or anything like that.'

He leaned over the table, putting his hand on mine and caressing it gently.
'I want us to be a real family, and if I'm not wrong, you want the same. That means sharing it all. We don't know what's gonna happen in 5 years. We might end up bankrupt.' That one made me laugh a little. 'But even then, we are supposed to do it together. Do you understand me now?' His voice is completely soft. He's really trying to get me to understand.

'Okay.' I sigh. 'That does make sense. I suppose I could be less stubborn and argue less about these things. I can't promise I will be ecstatic about running around while you buy everything, but I'll try to adapt bit by bit. Just... Can you give me a bit of time to do that? To get used to it?'

'Of course. I wouldn't want you to feel pushed into anything that makes you unhappy. We can start with baby steps.' He smiles

'I think we are way past baby steps.' I laugh. 'In case you forgot, you got me a car just a few hours ago.'

He started laughing as well, squeezing my hand a little. 'Come on, it's a pretty awesome car. Looks really cool.'

'That is true. And we have a ton of space in the backseat.' I giggle

'I can't wait for it to arrive. We are testing that right away.' He smiles brightly

'I have a feeling you'll be driving it way more than me.' I giggle

'Oh, yeah, definitely.' He laughs, not even denying it.
'I'm sorry, about last night. I didn't mean to get so upset.' He apologized for a millionth time

'It's okay. I get why now that we explained it all properly. Maybe we should have done it earlier instead of being two stubborn idiots.' I chuckle. 'You do look scary when you're angry, though.'

'I heard that before. I don't tend to get really mad often, but when I do, everyone tends to leave me alone. I don't see why, though.'

'I don't know. I was somewhere between running away and jumping you.' I joke

'Whh- what?' He laughs

'I don't know, okay?' I laugh along. 'You looked really hot. I was contemplating if I should piss you off more often.' I joke

'I'm not sure all the money we have would be enough to fix the issues you have.' He just keeps laughing at me

'It's your fault! No one told you to be so hot!' I argue

'Unbelievable.' He scoffed, shaking his head
'Also, while we're talking... there is something else I wanted to see with you.'

'Go for it.' I smile

'I was thinking of going to visit JoaWi's family. Your father said they don't live in the best circumstances.' He sounded a bit sheepish

'You want to help them, don't you?' I can't but smile at him. He is so kind-hearted

'Maybe.' He says. 'They need it.'

'When are we going?'

He sat up, looking a bit surprised. 'You're okay with it?'

'Why wouldn't I be?' I smile. 'I know you want to help, and as you said, they need it.'

'I don't think you quite grasp what I want to do here.'

'I am fully aware of what you want to do.' I smile at him. He's probably thinking of something insane, like buying them a house or something.

'And you're still okay with it?' He raises an eyebrow

'More than okay. Let's go and help some people.'