18 - The Helm Of Hades

Before the Olympians ruled over Greece, there were the Titans, their parents. However, an unstoppable rift was forged between them when Kronos ate them upon birth, desperate for the prophecy of his defeat to his children to not come true.

However, on the path to avoid his fate, he would end up meeting it.

To win the Titanomachy, the Great War between the Titans and the Olympians, the Olympians sought the support of the siblings of the Titans, the Cyclopes.

The Cyclopes gifted the Olympians three marvels of items, the pinnacle of creations, which helped them in turning the tides against the Titans.

Zeus' legendary lightning bolts.

Poseidon's great trident of the sea.

And finally, Hades' Cap of Invisibility.

. . .

Melinoe stared at that helmet in shock. How? How could it possibly be here? Her father had seen it before, there was no way she'd forget it. It was one of his greatest treasures.

So how? How was it here?

Had those bandits that had trapped her stole it at the same time? Had they really been able to escape her father's grasp with not only her, but the helmet as well?

She felt her fists tighten even more than they were before. If she went any further, then her nails just might break her skin and draw blood.

"That can't be possible." Hilga whispered.

"What's the Cap of Invisibility?" Ria wondered.

"A legendary item crafted by the Cyclopes." Era stated. "Anyone who wears it turns invisible. The perfect tool for stealth."

"Woah..." Ria gasped.

Era narrowed her eyes at the item. 'Is that truly the Cap of Invisibility? The last I heard, the Cap had been returned to Hades from Perseus. Had it been stolen, and Hades kept it a secret?'

But even then, she doubted that. After all, his wife Persephone would have likely let the beans spill, being desperate to find a treasure so important to her husband.

So what was going on here?

"We have to get that." Hilga stated.

"It's too late." Nikolas finally spoke. "Someone has bid above our amount."

"No..." Melinoe gasped.

"How important is that?" Nikolas had a feeling he already knew her answer based on what he had heard about the helmet, but he still asked anyways.

"Very..." Melinoe whispered.

"Alright then." Nikolas nodded, suddenly standing up.

"Huh?" Melinoe looked at him in confusion.

Everyone's attention was suddenly on Nikolas as he walked past the chairs, making his way towards the stage which the broker stood upon.

"What are you doing?" The broker stared at him, pulling the helmet closer to his body.

"I've been searching forever for that helmet." Nikolas easily lied. "It used to belong to my father's uncle."