55 - Sparring In The Arena

Artemis entered into Hades' castle, quickly opening the doors with a slam. Hades raised an eyebrow from atop his throne as he saw her rush into the main hall.

"You're back sooner than I expected." Hades stated.

"Apollo and Ares are in Delphi." Artemis crossed her arms. "And both of them are after Nikolas."

"So they are the ones that are following Zeus' order." Hades nodded.

"Out of the Olympians, at least. For all I know, there are likely minor gods and other deities trying to seek Zeus' favor." Artemis stated.

"I would agree with that assessment." Hades nodded. "Then I'll let Athena and the others know."

Artemis nodded, turning around and starting to walk off before pausing. "Where is everyone?"

"In the arena." Hades answered. "Nikolas is training with some of the others while the rest watch."

"I see." Artemis muttered, a twinge of jealously coursing through her veins. "I suppose I will return to lookout, then."

"You don't want to join them?" Hades asked. "I thought you liked fighting."

"I...I need some time to think." Artemis stated.

Hades simply nodded. Artemis started to walk off once more, but Hades spoke once again, stopping her in her tracks.

"We live too long to always be the same." Hades spoke. "We are immortal. Do not be afraid of change, for it is inevitable."

"And what exactly are you trying to tell me?" Artemis narrowed her eyes. "To throw away everything I've stood for?"

"No." Hades shook his head. "It's just my personal opinion. Take it however you'd like."

"Don't preach to me, you're the one who kidnapped your wife." Artemis muttered.

"And look at us now." Hades chuckled. "I admit, not the best method, but I couldn't be happier that Persephone is in my life."

Artemis stayed silent, before sighing and continuing to walk off. She left the castle, muttering something about 'stupid Hades, stupid Nikolas' as she walked off.

Completely absorbed in her strange and conflicting emotions, she didn't notice the man that had trailed her all the way here. Her mind was so busy and focused on figuring things out that she stayed oblivious.

Apollo watched as she walked away.

'This isn't like her.' Apollo frowned. 'Hades said Nikolas, eh? Looks like I can kill two birds with one stone. Time to take a visit to the arena.'

He paused, looking around.

'Where is the arena?' He wondered. 'The underworld has never been my type of place...'

. . .

Ria stared at the weapons across the wall. Nikolas, Melinoe, Athena, Bellerophon, and Thanatos were all currently training in case of some sort of conflict. While they were safe in the underworld, it didn't hurt to prepare in case someone still did come after Nikolas.

But Ria couldn't help but want to train too. Her strengths weren't in combat, she was the navigator, the captain. But at a time like this, she couldn't apply those strengths.

But what about her heritage? She held an unique, innate power within her. Unlike Melinoe, who needed a blessing for her manipulation of fire, Ria could manipulate water naturally.