10 - The Blacksmith Of Athens

"Did you find out anything from him?" Hermes asked.

Hermes floated in the air, resting his head against his hands as he watched Athena tap at her desk with her eyes closed. She had just arrived back and immediately moved to this position.

"How is it going with finding out about Zeus and Poseidon's children?" Athena questioned, ignoring Hermes earlier inquiry.

"Hera's drilling into Zeus hard. He's being easier than usual though." Hermes stated. "We have a bunch of people he may have had a child with."

"And who is investigating them?" Athena continued.

"Aphrodite volunteered." Hermes replied. "She's already left and started too."

"Aphrodite?" Athena knit her eyebrows in deep thought. "What is that vixen planning?"

Hermes simply shrugged in response.

"Then what about Poseidon's children?" Athena asked.

"Poseidon's being difficult." Hermes stated. "Apparently he keeps saying he doesn't remember who he's slept with. Personally I don't believe it. We Olympians have some immaculate memory."

"Yes, his argument does not make sense." Athena sighed. "How unsurprising. Which means finding his children will be tougher than usual."

"Think there's a way to get around that?" Hermes wondered. "If anyone would know, it'd be you."

Athena let out a low hum, quickly thinking of a possible solution to their problem. "Possibly, Hephaestus could make an item that would glow brighter when closer to someone with Poseidon's blood."

"But Hephaestus doesn't make that kind of stuff." Hermes replied. "He makes nets, and weapons, and other things."

"You're right." Athena nodded. "Which is why he would need the help of someone good with magic."

"You don't mean-!" Hermes gasped.

"Hestia." Athena cut him off.

"Oh, right." Hermes nervously laughed. He definitely wasn't thinking of Hera!

"Hera is too busy with interrogating her husband." Athena continued. "But she's not the only one good with magic. Hestia is also quite handy with it as well."

"You think she would help?" Hermes wondered.

"She would be helping Hephaestus. The last time I remembered, there wasn't any feud between them." Athena replied.

"Last time I remember Hestia hasn't had a feud with anyone." Hermes retorted.

"Then it is settled." Athena stood up. "We shall go ask the two now."

"Now?!" Hermes replied in surprise. He quickly rolled in the air to be standing upright. "Okay. Hey, you never told me what happened with Hades?"

"Ah, that's right." Athena nodded. "I will go ask the two. I need you to tell the Olympians to inform me if they hear or come across the name Melinoe."

"Melinoe?" Hermes questioned.

. . .

"Welcome to Athens!" Ria grinned.

The Xeno was parked at the dock, properly tethered and wouldn't be moving anytime soon. A few of the crew members had elected to stay and watch over the ship.

"Now, I need to help Nikolas look for something." Ria stated. "The rest of you can go do whatever you want, just make sure to return to the ship tomorrow night if you want to still be a part of the crew. Not saying we're leaving then, however."