53 - Prophecy Of Old And New

"Fine." Hera crossed her arms, staring at Athena with a stern look. "I'll find out what you want, and then you'll tell me who is the mother of this 'Nikolas'."

"Thank you." Athena nodded. She turned around and started to walk away before Hera spoke once again.

"One more thing." Hera stated, a smile appearing on her face. "I want to meet this Nikolas as well."

Athena grimaced. "And why would that be?"

"Well, for one, he is a son of Zeus." Hera stated. "But I'm also curious as to how he stole the heart of the stone-cold goddess of wisdom."

"What?" Athena was taken off guard, eyes slightly widening as a blush appeared on her face.

"And that's all I needed for confirmation." Hera smirked. "We may not always get along the best, but I know you well Athena."

Athena turned her head away. "...as long as you promise not to harm him, and he agrees."

"I promise." Hera nodded.

Athena narrowed her eyes. "I should make you swear on the Styx."

"But what if he's not good for you?" Hera asked. "What if he's just using you?"

"You assume that because he's a son of Zeus." Athena spat back. "I wonder what you even see in him."

"Not much, nowadays." Hera sighed. "He's powerful and handsome. That's good enough for most."

"I can assure you he's better than Zeus." Athena turned away. "Until you swear on the Styx, I refuse to let you see him."

"You really have been stolen." Hera put a hand to her mouth. "My, how very surprising. Fine. I swear on the Styx to not harm this Nikolas when I meet him."

"Good." Athena replied. "And I swear on the Styx that if he agrees, I shall let you meet him."

"Then you should go ask him, and I'll go see what I can find from Zeus." Hera stated. "But be careful. I heard both Apollo and Ares are heading to Delphi."

"For some reason, I'm not too worried." Athena replied, a small smirk appearing on her face.

'Nikolas is safe in the underworld. Thank you, Hades.' Athena thought to herself. 'Ares is worrying.'

. . .

Three crew mates of the Xeno sat a table, admiring the beautiful sky as they relaxed and drank their drinks.

"I haven't seen Captain in a while." The first crew member commented.

"Now that you mention it, I haven't seen Melinoe, Era, nor Nikolas in a while either..." The second crew member noticed.

The third crew member gasped. "This can only mean one thing!"

"Which is?" The first crew member raised an eyebrow.

"Love square!" The third crew member exclaimed.

"Do you think Era joined the battle?" Asked the first crew member.

"Why else would she not be here, along with those other three?" The third crew member deducted. "She's joined the battle for Nikolas' heart!"

"How envious." The second crew member growled. "That Nikolas...I want to watch this too!"

"I know. We all do." The first crew member nodded in sympathy.