50 - Making Up For Past Mistakes

As Nikolas and Hades walked out of the arena, the crowd cheering louder than ever, he couldn't help but think one thing.

'He held back.' Nikolas noted. 'As did I.'

As the two walked out of the arena, Thanatos emerged from a shadow against the wall. He looked towards the two of them with a smile.

"That was an impressive bout." He complimented. "The others are already back at the castle. Shall I take you two there?"

"Yes." Hades nodded. "Thank you, Thanatos."

"My pleasure, Lord Hades." Thanatos bowed. Hades stepped into the shadow, sinking into it and disappearing. "Right this way, young Nikolas."

Nikolas nodded at Thanatos, stepping into the shadow. He felt himself sink into it before reaching solid ground once again, his surroundings completely different than before. Thanatos shortly followed through, and they were once again in the throne hall of Hades' castle.

Nikolas was suddenly crowded as Ria, Melinoe, Pythia, Bellerophon, Artemis, and Pegasus all surrounded him while saying praise. Well, it was being assumed that Pegasus' cheerful neighs were of praise.

Hephaestus, Hestia, and Persephone all stood back with smiles on their faces as they watched the scene. Styx had disappeared, vanishing once again without anyone knowing as to where.

They all stepped back after their compliments, allowing Medusa to walk up to her son. She smiled, moving her hands forwards and locating his cheeks. She leaned forwards, pressing her forehead onto his gently.

"I'm so proud of you, my son." She whispered. "You continue to amaze me."

She smiled, taking her forehead off of his. Athena watched the sight, before taking a deep breath. She turned to the others of their little crew.

"Please let me talk to the two of them...alone." Athena requested.

They all glanced at each other, before nodding.

"You got this." Ria reassuringly smiled.

"Don't make things worse." Melinoe smirked.

"Good luck!" Pythia clapped.

Bellerophon simply gave a thumbs up with a grin while Artemis shrugged, joining in with her own thumbs up.

"I...thank you." Athena lightly bowed, before walking towards Nikolas and Medusa.

"...Melinoe?" The underworld's princess was lightly tapped on her shoulder. She turned around, finally looking at her father.

"Father." Melinoe spoke.

"I would like to speak to you...alone." Hades slowly requested. "If that is alright with you."

Melinoe stared at Hades without speaking a single word. He could feel the sweat running down his forehead. And then finally, she answered.

"Okay." Melinoe replied.

Hades nodded, and the two of them walked out of the main room to somewhere else, Persephone watching with a smile on her face.

Athena walked over to Nikolas and Medusa, both who turned towards her upon hearing her footsteps.

"Nikolas...Medusa..." Athena slowly greeted.

"Athena." Nikolas emotionlessly replied.

Medusa tensed up. "...Athena." She spoke.

"Nikolas-no." Athena shook her head, turning to Medusa. "Medusa...I am sorry."

"You-" Medusa started, before the goddess' words sunk in. "...what? You...you're apologizing?"

"Yes." Athena stated. "I have wronged you. I have no justification for the punishment I gave you. It was much too extreme."