33 - Troubles On The Horizon

The crew of the Xeno sat atop their ship, drifting in the sea with the new addition of Bellerophon. After murdering King Sisyphus and leaving him to the Chimera, they had high-tailed it out of there, picking up the rest of the crew and making off in hurry.

"So now what?" Bellerophon asked. "We're just kind of drifting here."

"I need to know where we're going, first." Ria stated, a jealous look in her eyes as Melinoe stood a little too close to Nikolas.

"What's going on?" Whispered a crew mate, feeling the tension in the air.

"I think it's a love triangle now." His companion replied quietly.

"Oh shit." Muttered the third.

"Where is our next destination, Melinoe?" Nikolas asked.

"Call me Mel." She smiled.

"Mel?" Nikolas replied.

"Yes." Mel sweetly responded. "You've earned the right to call me that."

"Are we supposed to call you that too, or...?" Bellerophon asked.

"No." Mel stuck her tongue out at Bellerophon.

"What have I gotten myself into...?" He sighed.

Another crew mate patted him on the back. "You'll get used to it, mate."

"Can we just find out where we're going first?!" Ria exclaimed.

"Right. We need to head to the center of the world." Mel stated.

"The center of the world?" Era questioned. "You mean Delphi?"

"Yes." Mel nodded. "Closest spot to enter the Underworld from here. Most natural entrances are through branches of the Styx, but this one isn't natural."

She smirked. "That's why you need me. Only certain people can access this entrance, and I am one of them."

"Alright. We're setting course for Delphi!" Ria stated. She licked her finger, put in the air, and then pointed. "That way!"

'Delphi?' Era inwardly wondered. 'It was the Oracle of Delphi that got that strange prophecy...'

She hummed to herself. 'Bringing the potential-no, I can't lie to myself anymore.'

She stared up at the crew.

The girl with the blue headband and necklace, the captain of the ship, Ria.

The princess of the Underworld, the one and only known daughter of Hades and Persephone, Melinoe.

The runaway charismatic and friendly man with incredible strength, Bellerophon.

And finally, the naturally charming blind archer, the impeccable fighter clouded in mystery, Nikolas.

There was no doubt in her mind that these were the people of the prophecy.

A child of air will change the gods
A child of sea will guide the way
A child of death will defeat the odds
A new era is underway

The child of sea. Ria.

The child of death. Melinoe.

The child of air.

It had to be him.

Nikolas.

He was a son of Zeus. His strength, that white hair, and that spark that she saw. There was no denying it.

Bringing them to Delphi, the origin of the prophecy, could only mean the fulfillment of it. If she allowed them to go there, then she had no doubt the prophecy would come true.