60 - Ascending Mount Olympus

Mount Olympus.

The tallest mountain in all of Greece. The home of the gods. The rightful place of the heavenly throne.

It was Mount Olympus that the twelve main gods of Greece decided to inhabit, the highest peak of the land they ruled. It was from this home that they became known as the Olympians.

At the very tip of the world, overlooking all, sat Zeus. The king of the gods. The greatest of the Olympians.

And their enemy.

Nikolas, Ria, Melinoe, Athena, Pythia, Artemis, Apollo, Bellerophon, Thanatos, and Pegasus all stood at the very base of the mountain, the humongous mass of earth and rock towering high above them.

After they had gotten themselves prepared Hades brought them to an exit of the underworld which was near enough the mountain to greatly decrease the time of their journey, much to their appreciation.

Hades had stayed back in the underworld. The most he could do was let Thanatos go with them and overtake his duties in the meantime with Persephone.

Hephaestus and Hestia had also stayed back with them not being combat gods. However, the spear which they had crafted for Nikolas, the necklace for Ria, along with a newly crafted sword for Melinoe was their way of showing support.

Hera said that she would meet them there. Nikolas hadn't quite understood how that was possible until Athena explained that all the Olympians had forged a connection to Mount Olympus, a magical anchor which allowed them a quick return to their home.

Hermes had, after getting chewed out by Athena, quickly returned to Mount Olympus to keep a secret watch on Zeus in case their group needed to know something about the coming confrontation.

Athena and Artemis could've also made the journey much easier on themselves, but they had opted to ascend up the mountain with the others.

Aphrodite and Medusa had also stayed back. As much as they both wanted to come with them, Nikolas forbid them from joining. They would stay safe with Hades in the underworld, for Nikolas would return.

He promised.

He wouldn't let anything stop him, not even the strongest god of Greece. Not back then, and not even now.

Of course, the same sentiment had started to grow to multiple of the others. But for his mother and the one which birthed him, neither of them were fighters. They would have to stay.

"Are we ready?" Athena turned towards all of her companions. "At the top of this mountain lies Zeus. And he'll know we're coming."

"We're going to have fight him, aren't we?" Ria let out an audible gulp.

"Likely." Athena nodded. "Hera will attempt to help us talk it out with him first, but it is unlikely he will listen."

Ria simply nodded in response.

"Any of you can choose to stay safe with Hades." Athena spoke. "I don't mind. I don't believe any of us would."

"No." Melinoe immediately shook her head. "We can fight, so we will."

Ria nodded in agreement, a determined look overtaking the worried one. "I'm not backing down."

Bellerophon grinned. "I decided to come along for the ride. I'm not backing out now."

"You can count on me!" Pythia brightly smiled.

Pegasus neighed in affirmation.

"I still have my deal to uphold." Artemis crossed her arms.