39 - They Know, They Know

"You're the one who killed Perseus?" Ria asked in confusion.

"He's the one who murdered my mother." Nikolas replied, eliciting a gasp from the group.

"Get behind me." Era ordered, grabbing Ria and moving her behind herself. She then grabbed Pythia and brought her behind herself as well. Before they had even realized Era was now holding a basic shield, and Ria couldn't help but wonder where it possibly came from.

'Perseus? He's dead. I even confirmed with Hades.' Era inwardly thought, before a realization struck. 'Hades sent him to retrieve Melinoe, realizing that she's alive.'

'But as for Perseus being the one who murdered Nikolas' mother...' Era frowned. 'I had no idea. I only knew about Perseus from my brief support in his mission.'

Melinoe pulled out her sword, standing next to Nikolas, while Bellerophon readied his fists on Nikolas' other side.

"Three on one?" Perseus sneered. "You haven't gotten any stronger, Nikolas. But unlike you, I have."

He brought up one hand, lightning coursing through his fingers. "This time, I'll make sure I send you to your mother."

Perseus clenched his fist, and suddenly the electricity started to run all across his body. It sparked madly, and he suddenly leaped forward at a speed unlike anything before.

Nikolas barely blocked Perseus' swing for his neck. Melinoe swung her sword, only for Perseus to duck under. He caught Bellerophon's fist, sending a knees into his gut.

As Bellerophon backed up Nikolas whacked Perseus in the face with his staff. Perseus stumbled backwards, but quickly moved out of the way before Melinoe could cut him in two.

It was almost like he vanished before he reappeared, lightning cascading violently off of him as he was now behind Melinoe. He raised his sword up and swung down, only to be blocked as Melinoe was now fully in defense.

Bellerophon tackled Perseus to the side, before getting kicked off and sent flying into a tree, breaking it completely in half. Before Perseus could approach the kneeling Melinoe he was engaged in combat once more by Nikolas.

The two clashed, staff against sword as they exchanged blows. Bruises formed across Perseus' skin as small cuts appeared on Nikolas'.

Perseus broke off the clash, dodging out of the way as Melinoe appeared once again. She stabbed her sword into the ground, swinging her body around quickly and slamming her feet into Perseus' side.

Perseus was kicked backwards, where Bellerophon quickly got him into a hold from behind as his sword clattered to the ground. Melinoe dashed forwards with her sword, screaming as she got ready to cut with Bellerophon ready to dodge.

Perseus roared, an energy blast of lightning erupting from his body. Violent bolts of lightning shot barreled off of his body, striking Melinoe and Bellerophon and sending them flying.

Another lightning bolt struck Nikolas as he guarded, sending him backwards as his feet dragged against the ground. Nikolas twirled his staff, seemingly unharmed.

"Once again, it has barely any effect on you." Perseus spat. "You know why, don't you?"

Nikolas stayed silent. Both Melinoe and Bellerophon were still on the ground trying to recover from the lightning strikes.

"Speak." Perseus growled. "You don't even admit your proud heritage, and try to kill one of your own. Disgrace."

"I am not proud. I do not care." Nikolas responded.

A sick, twisted grin appeared on Perseus' face. "You care a lot, don't you?"

"What are they talking about?" Ria muttered in confusion, Pythia nodding in agreement about the lack of understanding.