65 - The Legend Of Nikolas

He had been there since the beginning.

The birth of everything.

He had envisioned the end.

The destruction of the universe.

No, these weren't his memories.

He wasn't there.

And yet, he remembered it so vividly.

Countless visions passed through his mind. He remembered each exactly as they had played out, even though every one blurred past in an instant.

He could feel them overloading his head.

It was too much.

To store the infinity into something finite was simply not possible.

He could feel himself breaking from within.

First it was small cracks, but as the unrelenting memories continued to flood in he could feel more breaks start to spread.

He was so aware and yet so dazed at the same time. He knew everything that was happening and yet nothing at all.

The universe contained within his eyes.

He could hear it calling out to him.

He could feel his finite constraints destroying.

It was too much.

No.

No, it wasn't.

It didn't matter if his mind felt like it would be split into two. He didn't care what was supposed and not supposed to happen. He only cared about accomplishing his goals.

He pushed most of conscience further. Out of this form. The infinite could not be stored within something finite, but he needed this finite for what mattered the most to him.

There were countless memories engraved within his soul, and with them he began to work. Reconstructing his body to fit his needs with the knowledge that had been passed onto him. For barely any remains of his original form existed.

Had he truly won?

He was the one now stuck in this never-ending role.

No, that didn't matter.

Because he would have them.

He didn't have the time to dawdle. This finite form needed reconstructing, fast. The body was basically done, and next came the hair. The curse still affected his soul, and his hair became longer and twisted into various snakes.

However, the scales proceeded to stay underneath the surface, while ready to emerge at any time. The rest of the construction process was easy, until he then hit one final point.

The eyes.

Those sights, oh, how he wished he could see them again. They were so beautiful, so stunning. And even more when he saw those who had changed them.

He wanted to gaze at them all day.

He wanted to be able to stare them in the eyes.

But he could feel the curse bubbling underneath.

It had been ever since he first took over. It would be fighting constantly to break out of its prison as it had been before.

He wouldn't let it.

This time, he would be the one who decided his own circumstances.

He had survived for this long.