62 - Of Father And Son

"You're alive?!" Zeus roared, his face twisted into a vicious and ugly snarl.

"Nikolas..." Ria and Melinoe gazed at Nikolas in awe, seeing the pure white scales which lined his body.

"The curse." Athena muttered. "So that's how it affected him..."

"Damn, Nikolas..." Bellerophon chuckled.

"What...?" Artemis looked at Nikolas with wonder in her eyes.

Zeus let out a tearing scream of frustration, the ground rumbling in accordance to his voice. His thunderbolt sparked in his hand, and in an instant it was thrown towards Nikolas.

Pegasus dashed forwards, spreading his wings and starting to conduct them to allow him to accelerate even further. Nikolas leaned downwards as he steered Pegasus, listening carefully to what the air would tell him.

With a simple tap to Pegasus' back Nikolas conveyed his intentions, and the horse moved out of the way to allow the thunderbolt to go flying past them. It crashed into a wall of the hall, proceeding to absolutely obliterate it.

Nikolas stabbed his spear forwards, missing as Zeus dodged and reached for him. Nikolas flipped off the back of Pegasus and over Zeus' hand, landing behind him.

Zeus spun around, slamming his foot into the ground and creating a powerful shockwave. Nikolas easily hurdled over it, rushing towards Zeus with his spear up and ready.

Nikolas swung multiple times at Zeus, barely missing as Zeus dodged every attack. As Nikolas went for a stab Zeus caught the spear, only for Nikolas to use the sudden stability to bring his feet off of the ground. He swung himself upwards, his feet slamming into the bottom of Zeus' jaw and causing the king of gods to stumble backwards.

"No!" Zeus growled, rubbing his chin. "I am the ruler of Olympus! I will not allow myself to be bested by a brat like you!"

Electricity sparked around Zeus as his eyes shone a powerful, glowing yellow. With a animalistic cry he launched himself forwards, bounding towards Nikolas

He swung his fist towards the blind man, only to be met with a block. Nikolas was slightly pushed back, but not nearly to the same amount as before. Zeus followed his punch with another, and then another, having a barrage of attacks flying towards Nikolas.

Nikolas grunted as he continued to block as many of the punches as possible, but a good few were able to connect. Nikolas prepared a block as Zeus threw another quick punch, only for it to suddenly be stopped halfway.

Zeus looked down at his hand in shock, seeing as the snakes from Nikolas' hair had contorted and stretched over his head. They had wrapped themselves around his fist with a surprising amount of strength.

He suddenly felt his arm yanked to the side, Nikolas bringing his foot up and kicking the king of the Olympians right in his family jewels. As Zeus keeled over Nikolas took the moment to slam the god's head into his knee, further disorienting him.

Electricity sparked across Nikolas' arm as he reared it back, before suddenly releasing a powerful haymaker straight to Zeus' jaw, sending him flying backwards and crashing against the ground.

Zeus shook himself out of the shock, moving his feet to grip onto the ground and allow him to stand back up. He glared at Nikolas, who simply walked towards him at a normal place and with seemingly no motivation to be in a hurry.

Zeus found it humiliating.

"You...!" Zeus barked with a crazy, feral look in his eyes. He let out a guttural growl as he almost seemed to be frothing from the mouth.