45 - Embodiment Of Death

Ria rushed over to the door, opening it hastily. And standing there, waiting right in front of her room, were two familiar faces.

"Hilga?! Harold?!" Ria exclaimed. "What are you two doing here?!"

"We came to see you." Hilga smiled. "Make sure you were okay. Your necklace broke, right?"

"It...yeah, it did." Ria gasped in surprise. "How...how did you know that?"

"We'll explain. But please, let us in. We can't have anyone overhearing us." Hilga replied.

Ria nodded, opening the door wide open for the two of them to enter. They walked in, sitting down on the bed as Ria closed the door once again.

"That necklace wasn't any normal necklace." Harold spoke up. "It was a power enhancer and a protective charm. Finest magical object I've ever created."

"Seriously?" Ria gasped. "That's incredible."

"Only thanks to her." Harold looked at Hilga, the lightest of smiles appearing on his face, before it went back to its usual frown. "Anyways, I felt it broke. Meaning it must have activated in some way. Whether it was protection or enhancement."

"I...I think it was enhancement." Ria replied. "I had never done that before. Wait..."

"Yeah, I know your father." Harold cut her off.

"How?" Ria asked.

"When we first met I was working on a device that would glow when near a child of Poseidon. And then it glowed by you." Harold explained. "You know the rest."

"Wow..." Ria murmured. "But...why? How?"

"I was ordered to find children of Poseidon. Big prophecy stuff." Harold replied. "Makes more sense if we reveal our true identities."

"We? True identities?" Ria questioned.

"My name is Hephaestus. God of fire, the forge, blacksmithing, yadda yadda. The greatest blacksmith to have ever lived." Hephaestus dropped the bomb with a short, uncaring wave.

"And I am Hestia, the goddess of family, house, and hearth. I hope we aren't overwhelming you." She kindly smiled.

"I-I...what?" Ria stared at the two blankly. "You're kidding me, right?"

"We aren't." Hestia replied, keeping her bright and friendly smile up. When staring at that, no matter the person, they just couldn't help but trust her.

"That's right. You got taught by the god of blacksmiths." Hephaestus smirked, before it faded. "Anyways, your eyes are red. What's going on?"

"Oh..." Ria frowned. "It's about Nikolas..."

"Did he do something?" Hephaestus narrowed his eyes.

"Not...really?" Ria awkwardly rubbed her arm. "He found out a secret about Era and it made him leave..."

"Oh, that she's Athena?" Hestia asked.

"Yeah! I shouldn't be surprised you know..." Ria sweatdropped.

"Why did it make him leave?" Hephaestus crossed his arms. "I might need to talk to him."

"It's because..." Ria hesitated, before deciding they were trustworthy. "...his mother is the Medusa."

"Oh." Hestia lightly gasped.

A rapid knocking suddenly erupted from the door. Before any of the three could react, it was forcibly kicked open.

"What the hell?!" Ria exclaimed. "Era?! You're back!"

Era stood there, lightly sweating with Melinoe, Bellerophon, Pegasus, and another unknown woman all behind them.