30 - A Talk In The Bar

Ria, Melinoe, and Era all sat in their room they were renting with Nikolas jointing them for the moment.

Pegasus had somehow found a way to squeeze through the inn and into Nikolas' room, waiting for the blind teenager to return once he was done talking to the girls.

"This is insane..." Ria muttered as she held the multiple pieces of paper in her hands. "We actually won and got the tickets..."

"We almost didn't with how everyone wanted to talk to Nikolas." Melinoe groaned. "Basically had to fight our way out there."

"I can't believe you didn't tell us you could sing!" Ria suddenly turned to Melinoe in surprise.

"It's...not something I do often." Melinoe replied. "I only did it with my mother. But after Nikolas did so much...I couldn't just sit idly and do nothing."

"I appreciate the support." Nikolas spoke. "Your voice greatly helped. I would have lost."

"Don't sell yourself short, Nikolas." Melinoe smiled. "You can whistle quite well."

'What's with this mood they have here?' Ria frowned as she stared at the two.

"We have an extra ticket here." Era pointed out, bringing everyone's attention back to the tickets.

"You're right. There's five here." Ria examined the tickets.

"Think one was meant for Pegasus?" Melinoe guessed.

Ria looked at her for a moment, before she started to break into a fit of giggles. Melinoe stated at her, a bead of sweat running down her deadpan face.

"What's so funny?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"There's no way they'd give a ticket to a horse for a buffet!" Ria laughed. "They must have gotten the count wrong."

She suddenly froze. "Wait, but what if we need a fifth person or else we'll disrespect the king?!"

"You're thinking too much." Melinoe sweatdropped.

"You never know with kings." Era mused.

"We can just get one of the random guys from the crew." Melinoe suggested.

"I have an idea." Nikolas spoke up. "Please hand me a ticket."

"Here." Ria handed it over. Nikolas grabbed it, before pocketing it. He stood up to leave, but before he went through the door he stopped and turned around.

"Are you all feeling alright?" Nikolas asked.

"Yeah, we are." Ria replied.

"What's up?" Melinoe asked.

"I was wondering if the sickness was affecting you in any adverse ways." Nikolas stated.

"Sickness?" The three of them wondered in unison.

"Nevermind." Nikolas shook his head, opening the door and leaving the room and the girls in confusion.

"What was that about?" Ria asked, only to receive two shrugs in response.

Nikolas, after a bit of searching and asking around, finally discovered his target. He found Bellerophon sitting in a bar, chugging down a beer.

"Hello." Nikolas greeted, sitting down next to Bellerophon.

"What are you doing here?" Bellerophon raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you a little young?"

"Am I?" Nikolas cocked his head in confusion.

Bellerophon stared at him, before he started to laugh. "You never fail to entertain me, Nikolas. So what's up?"

"I was wondering why you wanted to win." Nikolas replied. "And where you plan on going next."