19 - A Captain's Home

"Well...this is it." Ria spoke.

Ria, Nikolas, Melinoe, and Era stood on the dock in front of the ship, the rest of the crew secretly peeking from the deck. They faced Harold, who wore a tired frown, and Hilga, who smiled sweetly at them.

"Yes, it is." Hilga replied. "I wish you all the best on your travels. It was nice knowing you for this short time."

"It was an honor to meet you as well." Melinoe thankfully bowed. "Despite the short time together, thank you."

"You don't need to thank us, dear." Hilga giggled. "Though I do appreciate it."

"No, thank you." Ria cut in. "You've helped us a lot. You're even letting your daughter travel with us."

"It's what she wishes." Harold gruffly replied.

"Farewell." Nikolas took a step forwards, putting his hand out for a handshake. Hilga happily took it, shaking his hand. Harold looked at it for a moment, before sighing and giving a brief handshake.

Nikolas nodded at them, before turning around and starting to walk away. The others proceeded to as well with a wave, before a sudden voice made Ria stop.

"Ria." Harold abruptly said, Hilga glancing at him with a warm smile on her face.

"Yes?" Ria turned to look at him.

"Here. Take this." Harold tossed her something.

She caught it, before opening her palm to look at the item. In her hand now laid a pretty necklace with a blue gem.

The item which Harold had been working on this whole time. The one which somehow led to her learning under him for over a month.

"Thank you!" Ria grinned.

"It's nothing." Harold replied, turning away. "Now go already. You have things to do."

Ria happily laughed, running up onto the ship. "All right crew! It's time to set sail!"

"Aye Captain!" The crew mates saluted as Nikolas, Melinoe, and Era got onto the ship.

Hilga looked at the scene with a sad smile, watching as the ship started to sail away from Athens. She was actually going to miss them, a little. She quite enjoyed the short time they had together.

"You'll miss them too, won't you?" Hilga looked towards Harold.

Harold didn't reply. "Our job is done here. It's time for us to go as well."

While he didn't say it, Hilga knew a part of him would, just like her. They had grown used to it, over the time they had lived. It never stopped hurting.

That crew had found a way to reach both of their hearts, even though it had been a little over a month. She hoped they weren't the ones that the prophecy foretold about.

Or maybe, this is what it meant by changing the gods.

"I'm going to let Persephone know." Hilga stated.

"You sure that's a wise idea?" Harold raised an eyebrow at her.

"She deserves to know that her daughter is alive and well." Hilga replied. "And you know she's a good mother."

"You know. You're her friend. I've barely talked to her." Harold let out a gruff reply. "And now I get to go back home...I might just hang out at an island for a while. I don't want to deal with Aphrodite."

"I've heard she's still looking into Poseidon's children and doing her research about the prophecy." Hilga added.

"That's weird." Harold shrugged. "Eh, better for me."