22 - Stormy Plans And Worries

"This is quite the storm." Melinoe commented, hearing the pounding rain above their heads.

Together, Melinoe, Era, and Ria were in one inn room with multiple beds, taking shelter from the storm which had chased them here. Nikolas was situated in another room with some of the other crew mates.

"Yes." Era agreed. "It has worked in our favor, however. We now know that our target, Sisyphus, is here."

"I should sharpen my blade while we're here." Melinoe stated.

"Do you plan on killing him?" Era asked.

"Probably. I plan on bringing him to justice." Melinoe stated. "He's a bandit who infiltrated the Underworld. He has sins to pay for."

"I understand." Era nodded. "We should plan for the aftermath. We will have to move quickly."

"Agreed." Melinoe nodded. "I am sure that these people of 'Sanctuary' will not be happy upon discovering his death."

"How do you plan on killing him?" Era asked. "Hasn't he bested you once before?"

"He..." Melinoe winced as a pain struck through her head. "I...I honestly can't remember. I've gotten bits and pieces back..."

"...but your memory of that day is still scrambled." Era guessed.

"Yes." Melinoe nodded.

"I assume it is aftermath of the effect of that strange lamp." Era suggested. "I have never seen a thing quite like it."

"You're quite smart sometimes, you know." Melinoe replied. "Anyways, we need to figure out a plan."

"I have an idea." Ria finally spoke up.

The two looked over to Ria, who pulled out a piece of parchment with multiple Greek symbols upon it.

"The first place prize is..." Melinoe muttered, reading the paper. "...a treasure of your choosing and passes to a royal buffet?"

"Interesting." Era spoke. "That could work."

"What?" Melinoe asked. "First prize of the games is good, but how is that going to work?"

"We get access to a royal buffet which Sisyphus will likely be attending." Era explained.

"The perfect time to strike." Ria smirked.

"Which means we need to win the games in the first place." Melinoe stated. "What are the events?"

"Let's see..." Ria read the parchment. "...we have wrestling, archery, pancration, chariot races, and a musical competition. Wrestling and pancration first day, chariot races and archery second, with the musical competition on the final."

"I can do wrestling and pancration, easily." Melinoe stated. "Do any of us know how to work a chariot?"

"I do." Era spoke.

"What is pancration?" Ria asked.

"In wrestling, you want to score points." Era stated. "In pancration, it's to get the other to submit. You just can't gouge out their eyes or bite them."

"Huh." Ria shrugged. "So we have two fighting themed ones."

"Then we just need...someone to sing..." Melinoe muttered.

"About that...there's a problem." Ria spoke. "The first four events...are men only."

"What?!" Melinoe spat. "Are you kidding me?!"

"Unfortunately not." Ria frowned. "But we have someone who can do them!"

"Nikolas?" Era wondered.

"Yeah." Ria nodded. "I can assure you, he can do great on the first three."