Time Flies When You're Having Fun - 26

Enid's eyes slowly opened to the rising sun on the horizon, she could see past between the many buildings of the flaming sun presenting a new day.

With just a slight tilt of her head, her eyes adjusted to the sight of the sleeping Addams.

Enid adored how she was sleeping so peacefully like this.

Her bangs were swept to the side, revealing more of her flawless face. Her face basked in the orange sunlight of dawn.

Such smooth skin... such long eyelashes... and her lips... oh Wednesday, your lips... so soft... and those adorable freckles.

And then her delicate raven hair-

She could go on for hours and hours and days about Wednesday's beauty.

And as well as how warm she was and not cold...

So warm, so loved.

The blonde let out a long soft sigh of happiness, feeling extremely lucky as she continued gazing upon the beautiful frame of Wednesday, Oh, Wends... how I wish I can call you-

"I can feel you staring. Come back to sleep, Enid," suddenly Wednesday had whispered.

"Whaaat? I'm not staring..." Enid scoffed in a hushed manner, her arms shifted to hold Wednesday's back more securely.

"Enid. Your eyes are boring into my face, I can feel your eyes. As beautiful as I find them and everything about you- I... am... too... tired," the goth whined.

Tired? That's... that's very un-Wednesday! Enid's lips curled into a smile, "Who are you and what have you done to Wed-"

"Don't you dare finish that cliché sentence," Wednesday had opened a single eye to glare daggers at Enid... which indeed frightened her but also made her giggle. She closed her eye and returned to trying to resume her sleep

"I'm tired... I don't want to get up," she continued.

"Wednesday... you're never tired," Enid chuckled, "usually it's the other way round."

"I'm tired, Enid... I'm tired and I just want to rest and do nothing for the day. My cursed teenager hormones have caught up to me from my consistent activity. The curse to be a human. Why does a human need rest? Such frail features of a person deemed to be the smartest creature in the world does not make them the perfect organism," Wednesday mumbled tiredly.

"Woah, for being tired you sure still do give very DEEP explanations. Interesting, though" Enid hummed, her hand had started drawing imaginary circles on Wednesday's back, the other was still wrapped around her.

Wednesday surprisingly gave a long groan of exhaustion, "If man is to be the most intelligent and strongest beings in the universe... that will just be a never-achievable dream. Man needs sleep, food, and mostly artificial warmth just to survive. Man is-"

"Okay, Wednesday... I'll let you sleep," Enid giggled, "you can resume your sleep now," she leaned down a little and pressed a gentle kiss at the top of Wednesday's hair.

Wednesday felt her heart and stomach swelling up from this gesture... her cursed romantic feelings invading as well as reminding her of her mother's affection.

It was nice.

And Wednesday was glad there would be more in the future.

Hopefully.