A Successful Plan - 11

After Enid's little packed breakfast and lunch during the few hours of walking and going through streams, the duo had set foot onto the boundaries of another town. Enid let out the longest sigh of relief Wednesday ever heard, quite annoying obviously, making her glare down at the blonde who held her hands on her knees.

"Come on, let a girl have a breather," Enid grumbled and stood straight, looking through the trees and the town ahead.

She looked to the side and realized how wide the town stretched, and through the noises of nature she heard how loud it was there.

"Ourgh, it sounds like a lot of people are here," the blonde started getting a little nervous, "not sure how I feel-"

"If you managed in the town before, you will manage this one," Wednesday walked off.

"Geez," Enid rolled her eyes, "bitchy still? Of course, the dark emo girl you are."

"I am goth, you imbecile," the ravenette said out loud without a turn of her head.

"And you're still bitchy, but yet, you still do some nice things, what the heck?" Enid muttered under her breath. Seriously, what's with this girl? Weird as shit, still.

She followed after the Addams, hesitant at first from the size of the town before them.

There were several tall buildings, even taller than the clocktower and church back at the previous one. Many open spaces in between many more buildings and streets. Several carriages and wagons going around with people everywhere and livestock respectively.

From what Wednesday could tell, from her raven eye vision, she saw many notable shops, boutiques, and other places that were connected to a few decades ago when the first settlers arrived in this area.

This was quite an old large town. Wednesday glanced over at Enid and saw that she was much more nervous. She clenched her fist and sighed, "I'll let you have a breather."

"Th- thank you?" Enid's eyes fluttered in confusion.

They stared at each other.

"Well? Go on, do whatever, sit," Wednesday shooed her away.

"Sit? Really?" Enid placed her fists on her hips.

"Sit, or I'll force you," Wednesday gave her signature deadly deadpan of daggers, "go relax."

"Ya know, for trying to calm down someone, you're really fricking great at it," the blonde strolled off and sat on a rock next to a few chopped down trees.

Wednesday just crossed her arms and stood there, menacingly, staring upon the large town ahead.

Her eye caught a board that held the words, "Welcome to Jericho!" and more informational text below it.

Eventually, the two girls had finally stepped foot onto the main streets of the so-called town of Jericho. It was at least five times busier than the previous one they went to. Enid followed Wednesday like a dog- wolf?... as she started her search for an inn to clean up and rest a bit.

Today wasn't much of a walk, but it turned out that Enid was actually indeed very tired after the transformation. Strange though, the first time turning back to human from a permanent werewolf, there was not much exhaustion.

Maybe it was the actual overnight human-to-wolf-to-human process? The tiredness finally had caught up to Enid.

And while they were at it, might as well venture to some places Wednesday occasionally visited back near home. Her intention to scare off people and get something she would silently enjoy for a moment.