If You Died, I Would've Killed You - 19

Ba bump.

Ba bump. Ba bump.

That's strange... I feel... two heartbeats?

Ba bump. Ba bump.

Did the afterlife give two hearts? I'm no doctor, who has two hearts? Why do I have two hearts?

Ba bump. Ba bump.

Shuffle.

MY HAND? I felt it move! I CAN MOVE MY HAND!

I can move my body! It fuc- oh no, Wednesday would be mad at me even though I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Okay- it fricking hurts! My body hurts but... I can move it!

I have a body?

Wait-

Slowly, Enid's eyes peeled open. Revealing bloodshot eyes, but then her clear crystal blues.

The blue eyes of life that stared out into the world had returned.

A raspy breath exhaled from her.

And then, the first image that Enid saw was Wednesday.

Oh, that's nice... my afterlife is Wednesday...

"E-Enid?" her voice was broken.

The blonde could see the tiniest tears in the corner of Wednesday's eyes... her cheeks also appeared to be puffy.

No- no- no way... I'm... I'm alive?

I'm alive and... Wednesday is still here?!

Enid looked at the ravenette with a softened look, it slowly turned into a tearful expression.

She let out a quiet squeaked cry and started crying, "Wednesday..."

"Enid," the goth returned softly.

Even with her body feeling on fire, she pushed herself to sit up and embrace Wednesday.

Enid wrapped her arms tightly around her small frame, squeezing and feeling warmth until she was pushed away by a hand.

The warmth already went missing.

Wednesday looked at her with a mix of strict confusion and worry.

The goth still had tears in her eyes.

Wednesday... Enid muttered in her mind, tears falling into her lap.

And then... Wednesday pulled her in.

The two embraced each other with their arms, hugging tightly as tears fell onto each other's shoulders.

The warmest embrace they both had ever felt in their lives, even without the dark cave they were hiding in it would still be the warmest.

If their time could be forever... their hug would be eternal.

~

They didn't know how long they were hugging for, it felt like hours and hours and yet when they let go of each other it felt like their hug was too quick.