Nightmares and Festivals - 14

She was in hell all over again.

The blood-curdling screams, cries, everything.

And blood just poured in like waterfalls all around her.

Fortunately, she knew this was a nightmare. Unfortunately, this was a nightmare.

Her heart burned from tiredness and pain. It was like she just sprinted a whole marathon in a minute, yet she was standing upright and still, being forced to somehow.

Darkness in every corner, no shine of light but the red burning tint of the sky.

It was quite literally like hell.

"Why?" Enid cried. She stood in the middle of everything, watching it all unfold before her, "Why am I dreaming of this?"

Her heart ached, she physically grabbed her chest, her long nails that were no longer colorful were clawing at her own skin.

"Sinclair, you're a failure," came the gloomy voice. But it was not just her flat expression, it came with spite and bitterness. It was filled with venom. The poison was rising through her body and was destroying her heart.

"Wednesday, stop, stop your voice! Please! I said I'm sorry!" Enid screamed with all her might in an ear-piercing shriek. She looked over her shoulder and saw the body of Wednesday, but only her head remained in the light.

The goth was unfazed and started moving toward her, "You're a failure. You don't deserve to be anywhere near me."

"I never asked for it! I never asked to leave you!" Enid sobbed, slumping to the ground. She didn't know what she was saying but her body spat out words.

What the heck is this nightmare? she covered her eyes, but when she did her hands disappeared from her body and she continued staring at the darkness surrounding.

"Sinclair, you failure," Wednesday's head leaned down toward her, "go kill-"

"Enid," an angel in the middle of this burning hell of demons and devils.

An angel...

"Enid."

An angel of black light, if that shit even makes sense...

"Enid, I'm here."

It's her. That's Wednesday.

Enid stared up at the bloody sky, and a bright light brought her up.

And she snapped into reality.

She saw the green, the orange and purple fallen leaves, under the brown and gray nature. And the near white blue sky, clouds filled the void above.

"Enid," oh god, screw me... when she says my name it just sounds so friggin' majestical.

The cotton-candy blonde panted a few times before turning her head, "W- A-Addams... h-hey," her voice raspy.

"You were having a nightmare again?" Wednesday asked. She was kneeling on Enid's blanket on the ground, attempting to cover her up after waking her.

"Yeah," Enid nodded, taking in a huge gulp of water that Wednesday offered her.

The goth sat back away from the werewolf girl, letting her collect herself in the peaceful sounds of nature.

The birds squawking in the distance and the light rustle of the trees helped calm her down. She felt her heart rate and pressure lower within minutes.