Days Gone By - 30

Through the cold rains, wet grass, muddy fields, strong winds, and crowded forests... the two marched onward with great strength and will.

They were getting closer and closer to their destination.

Judging from Wednesday's perception and their map, Uncle Fester was less than a week's walk away.

Less than a week away from knowing Enid's family whereabouts.

Less than a week away from getting Enid to her family.

Less than a week away from Wednesday completing her ultimate goal.

To help Enid.

The journey so far had not been smooth, but it was not sufferable.

Although it was a tough start, Enid was quick to start getting moving again.

She insisted that they keep moving, saying it would probably make her feel better on getting closer to home.

And so Wednesday agreed and moved forward.

Every night, Wednesday clung onto Enid, comforting her in every way possible.

And it helped.

It soothed the werewolf girl, calming her anxiety and pressure.

She still sadly received nightmares, but on the fortunate side they had changed and were less impactful.

Ever since the Blood Moon event about a week ago, Enid's nightmares have shifted.

In the dreams, Enid would still see her blood covered hands and she would be running in the middle of nowhere. However, at the end of her paths of feeling shame and guilt... she always found Wednesday.

Every time, Enid would always find Wednesday in the end.

She was there for her.

Even in her nightmares, she comforted her.

After she found Wednesday at the end of her flee, the nightmares would always shift to a dream.

Instead of a bloody world, it became bright or rather just a gray... maybe showing her Wednesday's world a bit.

There were a few unrealistic parts, but Enid was glad to have dreamed them anyway. In her dream-after-nightmare, Wednesday was always smiling.

She was smiling a bit too much, and laughed a lot.

Very un-Wednesday yet very cute to imagine.

And unbelievably the real Wednesday in the world was right. She will always be there for her.

Even as far as going into her nightmares and saving her.

Enid's nightmares still continued, but they always ended in a peaceful and questionable dream state.

And that was at least a relief to the pair. The only thing Enid kept secret was how she dreamed of Wednesday grinning and laughing a lot.

That was a quick step already, Enid's nightmares changing. Wednesday assumed it was her dedication to her, in which she was correct.

Enid's wolf spirit howled strongly at Wednesday, and she already felt it a while ago: how Wednesday was her mate.

Now with Wednesday's acceptance of Enid and her wolf, even after everything... it changed positively.

That was most likely the reason for her nightmares shifting so quickly and being less of a nightmare.

Though she still was afraid of them, in the end she always had Wednesday.