Home Is Where the Heart Is - 36

The sound of horses clopping their hooves slowed down and then came to a stop.

The carriage creaked as it shortly followed in the halt.

And then came the peaceful quiet nature. The ravens and crows cawing and the owls hooting with sounds of little prey dying to their respective predators.

She was here.

She was finally here.

Five months. Five long months away from home.

Away from family.

But for the greater good of her life, she found.

She had found a soul companion for her life, unexpectedly.

But now she was back home after five months, sitting in the carriage just before the gates of her home.

Her gothic-styled mansion that stood ominously beyond the metal bars and brick walls that were dressed in overgrown vines and moss, flowers that looked dead were planted alongside the walls and they were very-much not dead.

Under the gloomy and kooky manor of their home, within the lurking shadows, held a family that were crying tears for their lost daughter. Although the boys of the family now mentally wept, the dear Morticia Addams continued to shed her tears every day and every night.

The Addams Manor endured five long months of painful tears and mourning, but now they were to be surprised with her finally shadowing their doorsteps.

She remained frozen however on the seat of the carriage, staring with a rigid expression that conflicted sadness.

Wednesday finally snapped out of her trance when the carriage shifted weights.

"You have nothing to fear, my dear Wednesday... you will see her again," Uncle Fester beamed.

The ravenette stared at her shady uncle and hesitantly nodded, "Yes. Yes, you are correct."

"Yeah, ya see? Have some faith, Wednesday," he hummed, his eyes panning over the Addams Manor, "I think you've kept them waiting long enough. Go and make your dreadful mother and father less dreadful."

"I will make them cease their pathetic tears of sorrow. Their days will return to their regular horribleness."

Uncle Fester chuckled and let out a long sigh, "So, I bid adieu my dear protégé!"

"Right, I shall be leaving," Wednesday gave a barely visible smile and stepped down from the carriage, whipping on her pack as she slowly started stepping toward the main gates.

Her shoes clacked on the stone of the road but suddenly came to a stop.

She turned on her heels toward her Uncle.

Uncle Fester waved with a mighty smile as well as the dismembered hand next to him, "Farewell! 'till next time, Wednesday!"

She stood looking for a few moments longer, before rushing back to the carriage.

He let out a few confused noises until he was silenced with an embrace.

Wednesday had managed to climb up the carriage in an instance and wrap her arms around him, squeezing him tightly.

"Thank you, Uncle Fester," she whispered.

Her Uncle gave a warming smile and gently rubbed her back, "It is my pleasure."