The Search for Wednesday Addams - 12

She couldn't believe it, she couldn't.

No...

No, not after all the time and stuff they prepared. She was leaving Wednesday behind.

She left her behind. The goth she wanted to befriend. The goth who hated her but was also kind to her in a way. The same goth that made her turn human.

She couldn't believe it, with all her heart...

And yet, she was still running.

It was completely dark, the moon was not up in the sky due to its phase, so she was running blind. She felt the wind blow past her, trees whooshing by and branches snapping, the leaves crunching up under her quick steps.

Her quick feet carried her over a large distance through the woods, Dammit nature, why do you have to be like this?!

The creatures of nature were silent, only the deathly hallows sounded off in her ears.

Then, tears began to flow. They rolled down her cheeks but then were quickly swept in the fast wind she was running through, the tears of sadness flew by her.

And then, from out of nowhere, her words began uttering through silent cries, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Really please, I'm sorry!"

"I'm sorry, stop... I'm really sorry," she repeated it like a chant between cries, still running as fast as she could.

Her inner wolf helped her sprint through the trees, it helped give her energy to continue on running with low exhaustion and pants.

She didn't look back, she didn't want to, she didn't want to turn back an eye, but then suddenly her mouth spit out the words, "Please stop! I didn't want to be alone!" in the middle of a cry.

Her running slowed down, and she stopped before the stump of a tree. Barely visible puffs of breaths escaped from her mouth.

Now... she needed to, she needed to turn back an eye.

And ever so slowly, she turned her head, then her feet. And looked directly back at where she ran from.

And there was... what she was running from.

Even in the complete darkness, she could make out the figure of Wednesday Addams.

And behind her were just several pairs of fangs and sharp teeth, claws and then... waves of blood.

Waves of blood, red like roses... spilling and pooling all behind her.

"I'm sorry. Please stop," the blonde let out a warbly cry as she stared down at her ruined shoes, "I never wanted to lose you. I'm afraid of being alone! I'm afraid of my life ending alone! I never wanted to lose you, Wednesday..."

"Sinclair," the voice of Wednesday went. Enid looked up and saw that the Addams wasn't looking at her.

Suddenly she felt like this Wednesday... the Wednesday she was looking at... was not the Wednesday she knew.

"Sinclair," the gloomy flat voice of Wednesday repeated again, but not from the mouth of the Addams she looked out.

"Sinclair," Enid sat up and met the face of Wednesday standing before her.

She was panting heavily and immediately looked around the dimly lit room, "Where- WHERE AM-" Wednesday reached over and put her hand over Enid's mouth, muffling her words.