26 | The Pack [5]

♡♥Dove♥♡

Lexus' eyes widened as he stared down at me, he moved closer, "your eyes..." He whispered but just as I was about to ask what he meant, the door was busted open and a middle-aged woman walked in with Adalyn trailing behind her putting on a guilty smile and a whole bunch of other people.

"Where is she? Where is the girl?" The woman asked and her eyes roamed the room before meeting mine.

~~~

Adalyn's mother.

It was pretty obvious since she took the eyes, the hair, the lips, the eyebrows, the cheekbones... But the rest were her father's.

Adalyn was Lexus' sister which meant her mother was his mother which means this is Lexus' mother and I'm totally freaking out right now.

She immediately walked up to me, the rest following behind her when Lexus growled and stood in front of me, baring his teeth.

That just made me feel all mushy and gushy inside.

"Get those away right now!" She said, glaring at him but he kept his stand, snarling at her, "Lexus Sebastian Gray, get those two baby tooth out of my sight!" She repeated and he immediately retracted them but still stood, protecting me from them.

His eyes flashed gray and his teeth were elongating and moving back in.

"I just want to see her, I won't do anything to her." She said and move past him to stand in front of me, "you're the mate?" She asked, looking at me with distaste.

What the hell was everyone's problem with me here? I wasn't just going to stand and let her insult me to my face, Lexus' mother or not.

"Yes," I stood up "I am."

The silence swam through the room and everyone had their eyes on me and her, expecting the next move.

Even I didn't expect what came next, "welcome to the pack!!" She said, beaming as she held my hand with a smile.

She turned to the others behind her, "everyone, welcome..." She turned to me for my name while I eyed her wearily.

"Dove"

"... Dove to the pack, she's the soon-to-be Luna, you should all treat her with respect, human or were." She said.

To say I was shocked was an understatement, I had expected nothing but rejection here, ultimately from his family.

I mean, who would trust someone like me to be the queen or whatever the hell the title was called and who would want a lower species to rule over them?

If I were them, I would feel the same way, but she just took me in, announced me to everyone like it wasn't a big deal. I was suspicious, she just met me anyways, who could say she wasn't just saying all this because Lexus was in the room?

"The announcement should be made tomorrow." Lexus said

"Give the girl a little time to settle down, get used to things, show her around, go on a few dates, she's human after all, the bond isn't as strong with her as it is with you. A month should be enough, plus I'll have to talk about stepping down with your father." His mom replied before turning to me with a smile, "make sure to make this son of mine happy and I want to see a pup in a year. Tops!"

"Don't scare her like that! Take things slow and steady." Said Adalyn

The mother just smiled, "don't keep her locked up in here through the day Lex, let her out." She then turned to the crowd, "and everyone would accept her with open arms."

Everyone nodded and turned to smile at me, not all were genuine.

"Alright everyone, clear up. Let's give them some privacy. Doc, I have some things to talk to you about, meet me outside." She said and let go of my hands then marched out gracefully.

Adalyn turned to me with a beaming smile and followed her mother while the doctor said some things to Lexus before walking out.

3rd Person's POV

Rebecca walked out the door and moved to the stairs when a middle-aged-man walked towards her, "Luna" he called after her.

She stopped and turned to him, the rest were behind him when he approached her.

"Is she our future Luna?"

"Of course she is. She's Lexus's mate."

"Um... I'm not trying to sound disrespectful to the future Alpha but can a human lead the pack? I speak for everyone, she isn't even an omega, humans can barely catch a rabbit, how will she lead us during wars? And we also have-" she interrupted him.

"I believe the moon goddess made her his mate for a reason and he's come this far waiting for her, she has to be worth it. And I thought I said it back there that you should all treat her with respect, human or were." He was silenced. "Once her worth is proven to the pack, she'll then be made Luna. I believe there are no seeds of doubts still in your hearts?"

She looked through the crowds and everyone was silent but that was a yes.

"Good. Now I don't want to hear rumors going about that'll lead a pack member to their death in the hands of my son. Be careful, especially all of you teenagers, don't go spreading gossip."

They nodded and she turned to leave when Mrs Hills called after her, "Luna!"

She turned and Mrs Hills arrived in front of her, "yes, I was meaning to talk to you about Lex's mate..." She said and her eyes travelled across the crowded, "in a more... Secluded area."

Mrs Hills nodded and then both went through different stairs and doors before arriving in an enclosed office.

"What is she?" Rebecca asked.

A/N: what do you think of Lex's mom? Standing up for Dove, hmm, that's a bit suspicious.

But, main question. What is the answer to this question? What exactly is Dove?

Let's find out later ;)

Make sure to vote, Lovelies.

X0X0
-That Crazy Author