13 | Steve

♡Dove♡

"... And we just got along that easily... Skipping the fact that I had to wash his suit" I said to Paisley.

It was Thursday night, when we fill each other in on all the tea that's been going on in our lives.

"I don't really like the guy" she said and poked a broccoli with her fork. She was still on her 'diet'.

"What? Why not?!"

"I just... Don't like him."

"You shouldn't just judge someone." I said adding a bit of attitude impulsively. She turned to me with a gasp.

"You see where I'm going? In a week he's got you wrapped around his fingers, you know how guys like him are."

"He isn't Bryan, Paisley!"

"I'm not saying he is but with my experience with guys-" I immediately interrupted.

"-Your experience with guys! You don't even know him! He's not like that!!" I got up.

"If that's how it's gonna be then fine! But don't say I didn't warn you!" She walked towards the bedroom and slammed the door shut.

I was genuinely pissed off and I know I overreacted. I didn't know what was wrong with me.

I walked towards the closed bedroom door to hear sobs resonate from inside.

Normally, I would be the one to apologize but this time I was really fuming.

I definitely didn't want to see her now so I lay on the couch and drifted to sleep.

~~~
The Next Day (Friday)...

I walked into the company still angry and everything surprisingly went smoothly.

Somehow, just seeing 'his' face made me soften.

It was time for Mr Gray's coffee and I went out to get it. He surprisingly didn't bump into me again.

"Here's your cappuccino, Mr Gray" I said, handing it to him while he turned to stare at me, confused.

"I don't drink that much coffee Ms Brown. Only three cups a week." He said and I retracted my hand.

Then I could take it. I was exhausted and needed some caffeine.

"Alright then, I'll have it", I moved to my desk but heard a chuckle behind me.

Dropping the coffee on my table, I picked up a file containing the assignments his old assistant had left undone.

Midway, I took a sip of the coffee and almost spit it out.

I had forgotten he didn't normally like it with sugar and me being a sweet tooth. I guess you could say the taste didn't go well with my taste buds.

I heard laughter resonate from opposite the office and I glared at the laughing man while he gave me a smile in return.

That smile.

The smile that made me blush.

Of course, I blushed. I didn't get it, was it so easy?

"I am definitely not drinking this." I said and got up to go throw it out when, like a lighting flash, he appeared next to me and bumped into me making the coffee still not only on him but on me too.

Paisley's white shirt! She's gonna kill me!

I scoffed at that thought.

"Miss Brown, I think you're making it a habit of spilling coffee on me" he said and I turned to him.