9 | Interview

♡Dove♡

Paisley drove me to the company and I got off to look at the terrifyingly large and high building.

It was so tall, my eyes had lost sight of the top when it met with the sun.

I moved forward to stand in front of two guards and a huge transparent door that showed two more standing inside the building.

I took a deep breath. I and Paisley had done a little research on the Enterprise and I was shocked, scared even.

The reputation for this company was terrifyingly high, pay was more than decent and I had heard there were some good job opportunities if you worked your way up the career ladder. What was terrifying for me was that I was working as the personal secretary for the CEO. At least it will be, if I get the job.

I watched employees run about, some ladies dressed in tight pencil skirts and men in tailored suits, a few bearded men with steaming cups of tea in their hands seated by a coffee and tea shop across the building, a few women with phones pressed against their ears, eyebrows scrunched in concentration and a few others rushing, dodging the crowd, not wanting to be late for their first day of work after a boozy weekend.

I felt like the center of the spotlight since no one bumped into me.

With another exhaled breath, I stepped in and met with a blonde haired lady seated in the only available reception across the manned desk.

There were about six receptions, each busy either directing visitors to their correct floors or answering calls through their headset.

"Excuse me, uh... Miss..." I looked at the badge glued on to her suit, "Carla. I'm here for a job interview as Mr Lexus' personal secretary" I said and she shushed me while signaling to her headset, she was on a call.

After she had ended, I repeated my last quote and she raised a brow looking at me from head to toe before chuckling.

"There's no job interview and Mr Gray certainly doesn't need a personal secretary" she said, coming off as rude, "now if you could move, others need to get to their floors."

I got off while partly glaring at her.

There was no job interview? Why was I here then? I thought his sister said there was or is this some kind of joke?

Different questions swirled around my head when a suited man walked over to me.

"Miss Dove... Brown?" He asked and I nodded, "right this way" he said and got into an elevator with me trailing behind.

There were three elevators, a public elevator, VIP elevator and Private elevator.

He got into the VIP elevator and pressed the button for the 80th floor and my heartbeat increased.

There's an 80th floor? Wouldn't I fall off?

I had a fear of heights and going that high would definitely get my head swirling but after we arrived, I was perfectly fine.

There were only three doors on this floor and he led me to the door right in front and the head.

He knocked and a voice responded, "come in."