23 | The Pack [2]

♡♥Dove♥♡

We're currently in Lexus' car driving to God-knows-where.

Just an empty lane that the car didn't fit with, I looked out the car's window just thinking about my life and how upside down it is right now.

I couldn't and definitely wouldn't have imagined I would be in this scenario if this was a month ago, I was looking for a job and got a job at Gray Enterprises.

I suddenly remembered Sophia and I smiled. I wouldn't be able to contact her again since Lexus had taken away my phone, something about them being able to track me.

The ride was silent but not awkward a bit, we enjoyed each other's presence in the silence. After about two hours, we finally met a forest.

"We're almost there", that was enough to make me feel nervous and excited to see what a pack would look like.

A few minutes later, we met bulky men and women surrounding an area with weapons in hand.

They walked up to us and Lexus came out of the car and they instantly bowed and somehow bent their neck in some weird way and after a silent conversation, he came into the car.

They came up to me through the car's window.

"Welcome to the pack Luna" they said and I gave them a fake-smile, not understanding a thing.

He moved the car forward, "I've been hearing this 'luna' word everywhere-" I meant to complete my question when he answered.

"It means you're the queen of the pack, do you get that?"

"Yeah"

The ride went back to its silence until we met a road lined up with men armed from head to toe and wolves by their side, they moved everywhere and I was getting a bit tense.

"They're the pack guards, they won't do anything to you" he said, like he was sensing my emotions.

I eyed him wearily and he chuckled until a guy dressed in all black came up to the car, his demeanor changed and his face was solid, cold, frozen and void of any emotions.

"Sam" he addressed.

"Alpha" the 'Sam' replied and a man came forward, laughing.

"Lexus, how come you're back?" He asked, from a distance, he looked just as bulky as the others but as he drew closer I could see the bags under his eyes and the gray strikes on his hair.

Lexus just passed him a glance and he laughed, "who is this young lady?"

The two men's eyes turned to me, "another girl?" Asked Sam and I gritted my teeth.

"Shut up!" Lexus growled.

"Okay boys, no need to start a fight now. Lexus, let's have a talk" said the man going between the two.

Lexus came out of the car and they both walked to God-knows-where talking, and I lost sight of them.

"So you here to warm his bed too? I'm better at that" said Sam flashing me a toothy grin and I glared at him and turned my eyes away.

"Sometimes, it's better to listen to instructions given" I remarked and turn my eyes to him "and shut up"

He left the grin on his face, "feisty, I like it"

Is this deja Vu cuz I have sure heard that somewhere.

I saw Lexus heading back with that man behind him.

Sam growled when he followed my gaze looking at Lexus, "asshole's here, gotta go, feisty" he said to me

Why does everyone call me that?!