10 | I Got The Job!!

♡Dove♡

I hailed a taxi back to Paisley's since it's quite a distance from the company.

"36 ***** street ***" I said to the taxi driver, still in shock.

I couldn't believe what happened, I actually got the job!

I arrived back at Paisley's but no one was there.

I plopped on the couch with my purse falling from my hands and my fingers found its way to my hair.

I immediately snatched out my phone to call Paisley.

"Why are you calling me Dove? You know I'm not supposed to take calls on duty!" She screamed quietly over the phone trying not to grab attention.

"I got the job!!!!!" I screamed "I actually got the freaking job!!!"

"What?" She asked.

"I said I got the job!" I screamed again "and the pay is a hundred per 3 hours!! And the closing hour is perfect, 7am to 5pm" I screamed.

"Oh my God!! You- you'll be getting four grand a day. Do you get a vacation?" She asked, totally forgetting about how she isn't supposed to be with her phone.

"I didn't ask but-" I squealed "isn't it amazing? I just said some garbage and got the job, I think I might have found a four-leaf-clover."

"Paisley? Are you with your phone?! Oh my God, wait till I tell Mrs Jones" I heard a female voice say over the phone.

"Gtgdwab D, speak with you later" she said and blew a kiss over the phone "mwah bye!"

That was her way of saying- 'Got To Go Deal With A Bitch Dove.'

I laughed, "bye"

After she had cut off the call, I headed to the bathroom to get rid of the makeup stuck on my face but it didn't wash away!

She had said it was waterproof anyways.

I'll never understand makeup. Now I don't know how to get rid of this.

I changed into some sweatpants and sweatshirt I saw in her closet and grabbed my fifty dollars I had given her and ordered some pizza.

I turned on Netflix and started binge watching after the pizza was delivered.

While choosing what to watch, my phone buzzed and I looked down to see,

'MOM CALLING'

My heartbeat heightened and the pizza ALMOST fell off my hand but I grabbed the phone, took a deep breath and picked up the call to hear a horrifyingly calm voice from the other end.

"Dove, wherever you are, I will find you and kill you the exact way you killed him" I heard her say and I shrieked and cut off the call.

If it were someone else, I would surely have given them the threat of their life, forcing them to be scared instead of the other way around but this was Mrs Brenda Brown, the one who stood up to her threat and I had been scared of her my entire life, why wouldn't I be now?

I turned my eyes to look behind me, scared if someone was watching me.

The movie I chose suddenly seemed way too scary but of course the pizza still tasted good.

I called Sophia but she was at work.

I called some other of my friends and chatted with them for some time to ease my palpitating heart.

~~~

Brenda's POV

I had made it back home and luckily Emma had called the ambulance to take Mason to the hospital.